Reaping

Percy sighed.

Sitting in her room, more like lying down and more like on the floor itself.

She didn't want to be here. All of this is so shitty.

The lessons are annoying and the training is always the same.

And the expectations.

The never ending expectations.

She was annoyed with all of them.

But she didn't have time to think about that, getting up.

She threw on her jacket with a smile, the reaping was today but she was not worried that much, all the children are sorted into the same bowl after all so there is a chance for two boys to be reaped and if she ever gets reaped she can fight.

She left her swords in her room since she couldn't bring them there, stomping down the stairs and outside, not waiting for anyone since her parents would be working to quell the masses anyway.

"All your fault Artemis." She said, blaming the reason for her life to be like this but at the same time she looked up to her, shaking her thoughts of the woman away.

The boys and girls were separated from their parents like always and the peacechildren were separated from them so four groups of people were formed in front of the escort on the wooden stage.

Effie trinket and her dresses seemed to be the only color in the crowd of dark as even peacechildren had darker clothes.

"Welcome 12, I am so happy to be here with you once again for the 74th year of the Hunger Games!"

Only the peacechildren cheered and not all of them, Percy could have but she was bored, formalities.

"Now like always, we'll begin the reaping!" The bowl was pulled out, more like rolled in on a pedestal and the woman gently took a name out, it was one on a folded paper which meant peacekeeperchildren, they'd fold the names so there couldn't be cheating like it happened decades ago. "Persephone Loras."

"Oh." She said as the other cheered her name.

Shrugging her shoulders with a sigh, well shit this is bothersome.

Walking up to the stage with her hands in her pockets and standing next to Effie with a lazy wave, putting that hand back in the pocket.

"Applause for our newest tribute, anyone wants to volunteer for her?" Effie asked in the mic, cheering was heard but of course no one lifted their hands to take her place.

Sure she calls them her friends but were they really? They hung around and they followed her lead but its not like it was because of friendship... She preferred this lie to the truth.

"And now for our second tribute... Primrose Everdeen!"

Everdeen? That's a surprise, she'd have expected the name Katniss, not Primrose.

The little terrified girl was walking towards them, already trembling, probably just turning twelve this year while Percy would have turned 19. She felt bad for her, so young, so defencless.

She pulled her hands out of her pockets, kneeling down and offering her hand to the girl.

"I'm a peacekeeper, I protect my district, I'll protect you." She said to her as she looked up at her but before she could take her hand and be pulled to the stage.

"I VOLUNTEER!! I VOLUNTEER!!" Everyone looked at the older sister shoving against two much bigger Peacekeepers before shoving free as they let go. "I volunteer as tribute!" Announcing it again.

"Then come on up, 12 very first volunteer, come on." Effie called as Percy stood back up with her hands in her pocket.

Katniss whispering something to Primrose who was screaming until a guy came and picked her up to carry her off.

Katniss looked scared but hide it better, joining her on the stage.

"What's your name sweetie?"

"Katniss Everdeen." The mic said.

"Oh so that's your younger sister?"

"Yes..."

"Well everyone, our tributes for the 74th, Persephone Loras and Katniss Everdeen! And my the odds be ever in your favor!"