Explore

"Told you, much more stuff."

It's true; by now, they had found a freaking library, a room with one table and walls of liquor bottles that Percy took away, a billiard room, additional training facilities, and a pool room.

"If they want to buy our forgiveness, then they are not doing it right," Katniss said, looking in the water. Her voice had an echo to it in this huge, empty room. Only a blue hue filled it from the lights under the water.

"Yeah since they didn't care to tell us and since we are training in the days we wouldn't know off this." The water was still enough to see her reflection in it despite the light coming from it. "Not like I would have used it." Shrugging, flicking the top of the bottle, the top screwing off and falling in the water.

It was not the first time she drank, it's not like her parents stopped her from snooping around or hanging with the wrong crowd as she grew up, at least she had the mind to be moderate and just once in a while or she'd be another Haymitch and no thanks.

"Why? Swimming helps relax after training."

"A much as ocean blue is my favorite color I don't like bodies of this stuff. Little hunter there is no bodies of water in 12, who'd know how to swim?" She asked.

"You can't swim?"

"Because you can?"

"My father taught me to hunt, as you know outside the fence, there are lakes out there."

"Well aren't you the lucky one." Drinking from the bottle before offering it to Katniss who took it without knowing why. (I read something that if you hand someone something while talking to them they most of them don't realize they grabbed it but I don't know how correct that is as I never tried.)

She smelled it, it stung her nose, this smells like the inside of Haymitch's home, she watched Percy walk along the ledge of the pool while she stayed there.

"Plus." She pulled up her pant let, tapping her nail on the metal rod, making a small metallic 'tink' each time. "Don't forget I am lacking a leg so it would be hard, simply walking took a while to master and even then, it is not how it was of course."

"Do you still struggle?"

"Phantom pains, you know, when a parts gone but it still feels like the foot has been stabbed through while you have no leg from the knee down. Usually doesn't last long but I am a bit messed up aren't I?" She laughed when she saw the tentative sip Katniss took and the face she pulled. "What? Too strong?" She asked.

"Hey I am still 17."

"AAH!!" Percy almost crossed the room in one leap, slapping the bottle out of her hand, a huge splash heard from the bottle in the water.

Katniss blinked, surprised at the quickness of this all.

"Huh?" She asked, watching Percy wave her arms around a second to keep her balance before sighing and putting her hands on her face.

"Minors can't drink." She muttered.

"Are you seriously making a problem of the law of 12 in a place like this?"

"Don't judge me." She huffed, dropping her hands. "I wished I had someone to hit that bottle out of my hands when we stole it from that shop." She sighed.

Katniss watched the ripple with the few bubbles and the brownish liquid dissipate out the mouth of the bottle at the bottom of the pool.

"You'll get to drink when you grow but please do it at parties or something, not like Haymitch."

"You think I'll become like him after tonight."

"We never know Katniss."

"You are one weird woman Percy, someone one second and someone else the next."

"My forte."

...

"I am not getting it out."

"Oh come on Katniss!"

"It's not me that did it."

"You know how to swim."

---------------------------------------------

The bed was awfully comfortable, in a bad way.

Everything is too soft in the Capitol, too gentle.

"Little hunter I will shave your hair off if you keep getting it in my face."

She had been asked to stay with her so that she wouldn't have nightmares and of course Percy accepted it even if she was the designated pillow.

"Stop complaining and sleep."

"Hmmm." But Percy didn't feel tired. Sure she was sore from the extensive training but it would get better by morning.

She'd try anyway but knowing that in less then 48 hours this, all this, would be replaced with a bloodbath... It was still hard to digest.

Tightening her hug a bit with a silent sigh.

She had told Haymitch that if he needed to choose between her and Katniss, to help out Katniss, funnel all the sponsors to her, all the help.

She wasn't mad at him for not helping her in the 74th and it was the same she was requesting from him now, focus on Katniss.

Because if She died no one would miss her, sure Peeta and Katniss would mourn a while but then move on, Haymitch with some alcohol but he would too, but Katniss, Katniss is the heart of this all, she needed to make it out alive.

She needed too.