Chapter 20: Court of Owls

Deathstroke is not who I am. It's my job and I love it. Viewed from a certain angle, I can come off looking like quite the bad egg. A real villain. A mass-murdering psychopathic killer, even. But that depends on who's describing me. Dead men don't talk. They sure as hell don't gossip. I think I'm a heck of a good guy, actually. My name is Slade Wilson. And I love adventure.

— Deathstroke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you going to insert this thing into my body?"
"Of course, but don't be nervous, Ivy; I will come gently."
"You know I've been afraid of this since I was a kid."
"The best way to overcome fear is to face it with a smile. Besides, without your blood, how can I conduct research?"

Regarding the fact that Jude Herbert turned out to be a scientist and the fact that he is a very awesome scientist, Ivy is very surprised, but at this time, she has already adapted to it a little.

The needle was inserted into her body inch by inch and the blood was drawn out a little bit, but the color of the blood was a bit strange, with a little green in the red.

"Is this my blood? Why is it green?"
"Green is alright; otherwise, how can you manipulate plants? But the medicine that Arkham gives you should be semi-finished products. What I have to do now is optimize your genes so that you can achieve complete manipulation."

"Of course, this will take a while; the next thing you have to do now is to wait and be at ease."

The equipment and blood were in place, and Jude fell into crazy scientific research again. After observing through a microscope for a long time, he extracted the gene fragments from Ivy's body.

Then the gene stripping was performed. This process requires extreme caution and it is a very long process.

After the genes were stripped off, Jude discovered that as expected in the normal human genes there was also a layer of genes that were similar to those extracted from plants.

Moreover, the genetic makeup of this layer of plants is very complicated. Through comparison dozens of species such as cactus, lilies, morning glory, ginkgo trees, and creepers can be found, not to mention that there are still no comparisons.

And these plant genes are slowly eroding Ivy's human genes, so her skin is turning green. According to this momentum, Ivy should be completely converted into a plant in less than half a year.

When he told Ivy about this discovery, it was no surprise that the girl was terrified, swallowed, and asked, "What would happen if I became a plant?"

"You will be miserable. Your feet will become roots and plunge into the ground. From then on, you can no longer move. You can't eat; you can only absorb the nutrients from the ground, but those things may be made of shit."

Jude briefly described a few words, making Ivy almost spit it out. She cried out in horror with her hands on her head, "No, I don't want to absorb shit; Herbert, you must save me."

"I'm saving you; as long as I can make a medicine that changes the structure of your genes, you'll not only be fine, but you will also become extremely perfect."

The research time this time is longer than that of the penguin. After all, one is just a genetic mutation, which is relatively simple, while Ivy is mixed with too many, possibly as many as a thousand, even with Grandpa Rick's brain and talent. This process is still long.

After spending half a month in the laboratory, Jude finally figured out the entangled plant genes in Ivy—as many as 3543 species.

At this moment, he also had to praise them. It seems that the Arkham Gang still has some abilities. The fusion of so many genes did not result in rejection. Based on this, it's not an exaggeration to express admiration.