Chapter 8 : Aftermath

Meanwhile the media frenzy continued. News outlets broadcasted the events of the night, dissecting every frame of the live stream and speculating about the masked hero's identity. Citizens were torn between fear and admiration. The once-unquestionable heroes were now under scrutiny, and the emergence of a figure challenging the established order left everyone on edge.

Unbeknownst to Leonard, his actions had sparked a frenzy across the hero and villain communities alike. News of a mysterious masked figure defeating an A-class hero and revealing the true nature of Polar spread like wildfire. Villain associations around the globe put a substantial bounty on his head, and also, The President of the Bellostria initiated a relentless search to apprehend the enigmatic hero.

Meanwhile, the villains of the underworld plotted in the shadows.

Somewhere in SOUTH-KOREA

The lab, for which Polar was having the kids abducted and sent for experiment, belonged to the EGGMAN.

In the dimly lit confines of his high-tech laboratory, EGGMAN, a notorious figure in the shadows, brooded over the unexpected turn of events. His right-hand man, Viper, approached cautiously, bearing news of the recent debacle involving Polar and the mysterious masked man.

"Bullshit! How did this happen?" EGGMAN's voice reverberated with anger and frustration, his gaze piercing through the darkness as he awaited an explanation.

Viper recounted the events of that fateful night—the clash between Polar and the enigmatic figure who had disrupted their plans. EGGMAN listened intently, his jaw clenched with each detail revealed.

The gravity of the situation was not lost on EGGMAN. The masked man posed a threat to their operations, and his actions had the potential to unravel their carefully laid plans. Anger simmered within EGGMAN as he contemplated the implications of this unforeseen interference.

In a decisive move, EGGMAN commanded Viper to put a bounty on the masked man's head. The directive was clear—he wanted the elusive figure brought to him alive, no matter the cost.

With a grim nod, Viper acknowledged the order and swiftly departed, leaving EGGMAN alone with his thoughts.

The bounty on Leonard's head by the EGGMAN attracted mercenaries, bounty hunters, and rogue elements eager to claim the reward

The bounty on Leonard's head by the EGGMAN attracted mercenaries, bounty hunters, and rogue elements eager to claim the reward. The criminal underworld, always quick to exploit chaos, sensed an opportunity in the masked hero's vulnerability. The Pistol Man had also deployed his men for the nationwide search.

Leonard's existence had become a beacon for both hope and menace. Citizens from Bellostria & around the world, whispered about the mysterious hero who dared to challenge the established order, while villains plotted to exploit his newfound fame for their nefarious schemes.

In the heart of the Global Hero Association headquarters, Director Patrick Wayne convened an emergency meeting with his top officials. The revelation of Leonard's existence and his actions had thrown the GHA into disarray. Wayne, a man accustomed to making tough decisions, addressed the room with a sense of urgency.

"We need to find this masked individual," Wayne declared. "His actions, while exposing the truth about Polar, have also stirred a hornet's nest. The villains want him gone, and we need to get to him before they do. Whatever his intentions may have been, but he has broken many GHA laws.  And for that, he needs to be punished. I want a detailed profile on this man—his strengths, weaknesses, and any possible affiliations. Also, we don't know what this man will do next. We cannot let chaos reign."

The days that followed were a period of recovery and introspection for Leonard. Physically healed, he spent time reflecting on the events that transpired and the consequences of his actions. The newfound powers within him added an extra layer of complexity to his life.

One evening, Leonard found himself sitting with his father, George, in the comfort of their home. Curiosity gnawed at Leonard as he inquired about the next steps now that he possessed superpowers. George, having consulted with his contacts in the Global Hero Association (GHA) and the police, had a somber revelation.

He explained to Leonard that the authorities were actively searching for the masked man—the hero who had confronted Polar. The GHA had gathered information about Leonard's powers from the accounts given by the rescued kids and Polar. This posed a significant risk to Leonard and anyone close to him. George, in a fatherly manner, advised him to lay low for a while.

George's words carried a sense of urgency and caution. He disclosed that becoming a superhero immediately was not an option. The GHA was aware of the extent of Leonard's powers, and revealing them could jeopardize the safety of his friends and loved ones.

"You are wanted by every powerful organization in this country," George warned. "Knowing about your powers will only get your friends in danger. We have to stay very alert and careful."

Leonard, absorbing the gravity of his father's words, listened attentively. George had chosen to forgive him, a gesture that carried immense weight. However, with forgiveness came a set of conditions. George implored Leonard to keep his powers a secret, even from his closest friends like Allen and Jenny.

The reason was clear—knowledge of Leonard's abilities could put those around him at risk. The cautionary advice extended beyond the physical safety of his loved ones; it was a safeguard against the political and institutional forces that sought to apprehend the mysterious hero.

"I have chosen to forgive you, Lenny," George asserted. "And I will trust your words that you will use this superpower to save people. But in return, I want you to lay low for this one year. Focus on understanding your powers. Learn to use them. And when everything settles down, then we can think about you becoming a superhero."

Leonard, realizing the gravity of the situation, nodded solemnly. He understood the need for secrecy and the importance of honing his newfound abilities. The promise he made to his father carried the weight of responsibility and a commitment to ensuring the safety of those he cared about.

The decision to lay low for a year became a pivotal moment in Leonard's journey. It was a period of preparation, self-discovery, and restraint. The weight of the secret to be kept hidden from his friends was a lot, but he knew that it was necessary.

As the hero within him waited to emerge, Leonard dedicated himself to understanding the extent of his powers, the responsibilities they entailed, and the intricate dance between bravery and heroism.

The first ARC, 'Birth of Hero' ends here.

Show your support with votes & comments !!!

The new ARC will be published soon.