Chapter 17

I'm used to waking up in the middle of the night

I'm used to waking up in the middle of the night. As much as it is something that happens, it doesn't make it something I particularly enjoy. I look around my room as the light of the moon shines through the window. Apart from my bed, my closet, and my huge bookshelf, there is not much. I turn on the light on my nightstand and grab my water bottle only to find it empty. I force myself out of bed and get out of my room, into the dark corridor, and head downstairs for the kitchen.

I fill up my water bottle but also get a glass of water for now. I don't think I'm going to go back to sleep, it's only 4 am but I know it wouldn't matter how hard I tried I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep.

I grab an apple and sit on one of the stools taking out my phone out of the pocket of my sweatpants and strolling through it looking at everything and nothing.

You could think it's the cold air against my bare chest that makes me shiver, but it's her sweet perfume as Lisa passes next to me, heading for the cupboard. She is wearing a matching top and -tight- shorts that strop right under her ass, making it look absolutely insane. The color fits her like a glove. This kind of light burgundy. I love it. Maybe a little too much.

I take my eyes off of her and let my head fall against my arms, lying on the counter. But it might have been the biggest mistake I've ever made because that means Lisa noticed me.

"Hey, are you alright?" Her small hand touches my back, rubbing it gently and the other rests on my bicep. I can't hide the goosebumps because I'm not wearing a shirt.

"Lisa, go back upstairs." I don't mean to sound this harsh, but this situation makes my blood boil. I think I hear a scoff and her hands leave my body.

"You can't order me around." I look up to see where she is standing, but here is the second biggest mistake of my life cause here she is, looking in the fridge and her tiptoe, trying to reach for a water bottle.

"Lisa." She looks over her shoulder and closes the fridge.

I get up and slowly walk towards her. She lets her eyes fall on my chest and then lower, making her take a step back, her back hitting the fridge door.

"See what you're doing to me? Go. Back. Upstairs." My hand comes to rest next to her head on the fridge and I slightly bend down to level with her.

"Or what?"

"Or I might just take you against this fucking fridge not caring if Miles wakes up and kills us both. Do you understand that?" She likes her lips as her eyes fall on mine and it's pure torture.

She lifts her hand, her figure tracing the shape of my jaw, and my neck, then coming down to rest on my chest, right above my heart. She can probably feel how fast it's beating right now. She takes a step forward and tilts her lips, getting closer to mine.

I need to stop this. My hand leaves the fridge and wraps around her throat, slamming her against the fridge, earning myself a sweet whimper.

"Atencíon cariño. You play with fire, you get burned."

The look in her eyes makes me physically weak. I want to get on my knees for her, but I also want to pin her down and do unspeakable things to her.

"Theo." She whispers.

I can feel her pulse under my fingers speeding up. I can also hear the door upstairs opening. I feel the panic settle in and I can see it in her eyes too. Miles is up.

I let her go, turn around grab my water bottle, and rush as fast as I can upstairs, past Miles who seems surprised, and then lock myself in my room. I don't trust myself. I want to go back to her. Finish what she started. She drives me crazy. She is dangerous. And she is forbidden.

She is everything I long for.