O

CatNap POV:

I stayed up the whole night... I couldn't stop thinking... about... DogDay?

I don't know why, but he is the only critter to ever be nice to me. All the others say I'm a weirdo, to my face. They call me all these names...

I look around, my vision blurry from not blinking. I attempt to blink, but the opportunity just isn't there.

They will eventually start to water anyway, so I'm not too worried about all that crap.

I get up, and make some breakfast for myself.

I wonder if someone will ever be able to try my cooking... to me it taste good, but that's just my opinion...

Maybe I could ask... DogDay.

My fur stands up as I think about him. He's cute, handsome... I can't believe that no one has gone after him yet...

Welp, it's pretty much confirmed... I got a crush on DogDay...

I feel like I have since I got here... I don't know if I have, but he's just always been so nice to me.

Once I finished my breakfast, I walk out my door, and begin to walk to Playcare.

On my walk, I see the orange dog walking out his door. I turn red a little bit.

He sees me, smiles, and waves. I guess he decides to come over to me.

"Hey cat, how was your sleep?" He asked me. I looked at him with a serious look and shook my head. "Bad?" He asks. "None." I stutter out of my mouth.

"Oh... Well, you should get some sleep! It's not good for your body to stay awake all night!" He says, worried about me. I shrug, "I feel fine..." I say. I guess I'm starting to feel a lot more comfortable talking to him.

"Well... I'm just saying... Please get some sleep, I don't want you to show up to work, with your eye lids barely even standing." He says, getting progressively more worried.

I grab his shoulder, and his fur slightly stands up. I shrug it off, thinking it's just goosebumps from the out of nowhere grabbing.

"Really, I'm fine... Trust me." I say, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Well okay, whatever you say Cat." He responds.

"Well, what are you doing for your first rotation?" DogDay asks, "I don't know... They never really assign anything for me to do... I kinda just show up because of you- I mean..." I say, stuttering.

I get a quick glimpse of DogDay's face, which is pretty much a tomato.

We say nothing the rest of the walk there.

Once we reach the Playcare, I say "Bye DogDay..." I smile.

"Bye Cat!" He says as he jogs off.

He so cute whenever he does his little run... Hah... It's funny, but cute.

I decide to go over to the statues in the middle of the Playcare and sit against the wall.

A kid comes up to me. "Excuse me... Do you know where my parents went?" The toddler asks. I feel bad for these kids... Their parents just leaving them here, without question.

"I'm sorry kid... But... I think they're gone now... But it's okay... This place will raise you perfectly..." I tell the kid, being truthful, unlike the other critters where they would play it off and say some dumb crap.

The kid looks at me, sadly. "I'm sorry... But it's the truth..." I say, almost wanting to cry along with the kid. He hugs me, "But... I love them..." The toddler says. I hug them back, slightly... My skin is really sensitive.