- Four -

AN,, I'm so so happy y'all like this fic! I love reading your comments, you're all so kind!! I would, however, like to address my slip up with the pronouns. The reader is gender neutral. I wrote this with inclusivity in mind because heaven knows there isn't nearly enough rep. I would
Like for everyone to read my book in comfort. However, this is just a fan fiction and I don't check anything once I write it, which explains the silly typos or spelling errors. I accidentally put she her in yesterdays chapter. I would like to thank the people who pointed this out to me - when this chapter publishes the issue should be fix. I got a couple of comments asking if the sudden she/her was intentional. It was not intentional in the slightest. Im writing and reading several books at the moment, and my obsession with C.AI knows no bounds. This is the only x reader im writing that is gender neutral as well. More than likely I'll accidentally put she/her by accident again. If that happens please do correct me!! I just hope I didn't make anyone uncomfortable :( ALSO sorry for slow updates- stupid stupid little me wanted to go into medicine and now slightly less little me just wants to sleep all day. College is a doozy and I'm literally just a girl who needs a hug

ALSO not proof read so there might be so many errors you briefly wonder if you're reading one of my highschool essays

———————————————————————————

    You awoke to an empty bed, which sucks for anyone, but a sharp panic tugged on your chest as you got up and immediately searched for Alastor. Did he leave you alone? He didn't abandon you did he?

He didn't, you silly bat.

As you circled around the room, a vase of your favorite flowers  on the desk near your bed caught your attention. Beside it was a small box and a note.

You padded over to your desk, sitting on the soft fluffy cushion of the chair. With gentle hands you tugged the flowers closer, a faint but sweet scent wafted towards you and you smiled softly at the flower.

Flowers in Hell were similar but still different than flowers in the human realm. Some were deadly to even smell and some had strange quirks like setting you on fire or screaming once touched. (Mandrakes anyone?) But the flowers of Hell were all devastatingly pretty. About half of a year after you  fell into the grasp of Alastor, half a year since you died, Alastor had taken it upon himself to take you on a little outing. He had dressed you in the cutest little yellow outfit - perfect for a picnic. He had taken  you to a large field of (safe) flowers. There he had munched on a suspicious looking meat while you nibbled on some fruit sandwiches he had made just for you. The almost domestic feel of it all made a strange buzz fizz up in his chest. The way you let him care for you, provide for you made him feel a different sort of powerful.

  After the two of you had finished your meals you giggled and ran under the moonlight, stopping every once and awhile to look at a particularly pretty flower. Alastor watched you lazily, taking a well deserved break of his own.

Eventually you wandered back to him, a sole flower clutched in your small hands. You had presented it to him with a bright smile on your face, saying you picked it just for him because it was the prettiest flower.

As far as you had last seen it but a week ago, placed upon his nightstand and encased in a magic to make it last forever. And whenever he was in the mood, Alastor would bring you a bouquet of said flower.

The memory made you giggle happily at the vase, but you gently placed it back into it's originally position as you then gently took the note and opened it.

It read,

  "Dearest,
  You were sleeping so peacefully I didn't wish to disturb you. I had some matters to smooth over, but I'll be back sooner than you can wink, my dear. When you're ready - do come down to the lobby and if I'm there I'll make you some breakfast. I hope you like the flowers and necklace I got you. Do be a doll and wear it for me, sweetheart.
- Alastor."