19. Miracle

Isabella Rose

It feels hopeless. I feel like I have betrayed myself. I had promised myself this would never happen again. I should've done more. Maybe if I had grabbed that knife and stabbed him it would be over. But then I would die anyway.
I've been crying so much that I no longer feel anything. I've been looking at the white wall beside the door for hours now. And for each hour that passes it gets worse. The thoughts come back as soon as I close my eyes. So I don't want to sleep. All I see is those eyes that kills me. The eyes that I will never forget for the rest of my life. He has ruined me. And this time I don't think it can get better. It's all a nightmare.
I wish I could put an end to this but then he'll do this to another woman, and I can't bare with the thought. Nobody should go through this.

The door opens and it's Dante again. I won't dare to look at him. It's too much. It's like I have no emotion left all I can do is sit and stare.

He grabs me by my chin, tilting my head up to look at him. I close my eyes so that I won't have to see his face.
"I worked so hard today I need to relax" he says. I know exactly what he means. And honestly I don't have the strength to do anything. It's like my body has stopped working. Like it isn't mine.

He takes off his pants and continues to do whatever he pleases.

***

I feel dirty. I just want wash it all off. There is blood over the sheets. And it hurts so much.
I just want to get out of my own skin.

For how long will this go on. Will I ever be saved. Maybe this is my destiny. And I should just accept it.

I feel so exhausted. But I am scared he will come in when I am sleeping.

Suddenly there are loud noises coming from outside. I curl up against the corner covering my eyes. Enough. I've had enough. I can't take more of this. The noises get louder and I hear shooting. And I guess it's not long until they shoot me too.
So I give up and keep my head in my hands and try to think of the nice things in life.

Someone once said that miracles happen each day. All you have to do is reach out and grab them.
"Please god if you hear me... I am reaching out to you now, hoping you will give me a miracle!" I whisper to myself.

The door shoots open. I keep my head down because I don't want to see my killer. I hear footsteps walk closer to me.

"I won't tell you twice, get up and let's go amore" a gentle voice says. My head flies up immediately as I realize it's Valentino. He has crouched to my level, offering me his hand. "Val..." I let out as I grab his hand. Is this a dream.

"Common" he says leading me out of this room. He holds his gun steady, ready to shoot whoever gets in his way. I'm so shocked I have forgotten how to speak.

"I need you to help me now" he says keeping his eyes straight forward.

"Where is Dante's office." He asks and I point in the direction. He stand close behind him as we run up the stairs. Dead bodies are laying all over the place. "Do you know where they are" he asks as we reach the room. I nod again.
"Under the table there should be a lock, twist it" I say as he closes the door and run up to the table. He tries to find the lock. "Got it" he says twisting it and a secret cabinet falls open. I walk up to him and help to look for the papers. His name should be on it.
"Here" I say handing him it. But as I hand him it I feel dizzy. It's like my legs have stopped working. I'm weak. It must be from not eating or sleeping. I stumble backwards as Valentino grabs me. One hand on my waist.

"What is happening to you. Are you hurt?" He asks.

I smile lightly, it's like I'm about to pass out. It's like I finally can rest because I know he will take care of it.
"Careful sound... sounded like you cared for me Val" is all I can say before he picks me up in his arms. "You are insane for even joking right now" he smiles as I rest my head on his chest as he runs out.
Holding his gun pointed out while holding me too. I hear a loud shot and feel Valentino twitch but he keeps going. His heart is beating fast.
He runs outside and fresh air hits me. I breathe it in. "Shit" I hear him say.