ch-7 (aahna)

At the airport, settled in our VIP flight, I couldn't contain my excitement about the upcoming trip to Rajasthan. Veer, on the other hand, observed my bubbling enthusiasm with his characteristic stoicism.

"Veer, you won't believe the pictures we can get for my Instagram in Rajasthan! The vibrant colors, the majestic architecture—my followers are going to love it," I exclaimed, my words tumbling out with infectious energy.

Veer, observed silently. After enduring my chatter about Rajasthan at least ten times, he finally couldn't resist saying, "Chup hone ka kya logi meri jaan?"

I shrugged at his attempt to silence me and replied with, "Veer, you have to listen to me for all four days, no matter what. That's the deal."

He whispered, "4 din kya meri jaan, I can listen to you my whole life... Afterall I'm getting married to you so listening to all your chatters is my job now."

I blushed, a smile playing on my lips. 

****************

Our flight landed in Rajasthan, and as we disembarked, the warm air and the scent of the desert greeted us. The charm of the place was palpable, and I couldn't wait to explore it with Veer.

As we made our way to the haveli, the grandeur of the architecture left me in awe. Veer, always the composed one, observed my excitement with a hint of amusement. "Impressed, sunshine?" he teased, a twinkle in his eyes.

I shot back with a playful grin, "Very much, veer. Your family has quite the taste in homes."

As we entered the haveli, I couldn't help but admire the intricate details and the rich history embedded in its walls. Veer, leading the way, seemed at ease in this familiar environment.

He nodded, a hint of nostalgia in his eyes. "It holds a lot of memories. And now, it will hold the memories of our trip together."

Taking in the sight, I turned to Veer with curiosity. "So, where are we staying during our time here?" I asked.

Veer, responded, "We'll be staying in a hotel nearby. I've made some arrangements."

The mention of a hotel piqued my interest. "Oh, which hotel is it?" I inquired, hoping to get a glimpse of the accommodations.

Veer, simply said, "You'll see. It's a nice place."

*************

Upon reaching the luxurious five-star hotel, the opulence struck me, and a sense of anticipation filled the air. At the reception, the poised receptionist greeted us, "Mr. Singhania, is one room enough for you?"

Veer began to explain, "No, actuall—" However, a sudden surge of boldness prompted me to cut in, "Yeah, just one room," I declared, turning to Veer with a grin. "After all, you're my fiancé now, so why two rooms?"

Veer looked at me, smirking. "You sure? i'm not the gentleman you think i'm" he asked.

I replied, "i never thought of you as a gentleman though."

With that settled, the receptionist handed us the keys to our room. "Room 306, enjoy your stay," she said.

We made our way to Room 306, the anticipation and playfulness lingering between us. As Veer opened the door, the room revealed itself in all its lavish glory. The air-conditioned oasis welcomed us, and the expansive bed beckoned with its plush comfort.

Veer gestured towards the room, "Here we are, sunshine. Home for the next few days."

I surveyed the room with a smile, appreciating the lavish surroundings. "Not bad, Mr. Singhania. I must say, you have a good taste in hotels," I remarked, teasingly.