-Chapter 4-

⚠️$uicide is mentioned⚠️

I wake up to the sound of my alarm go off and I groan. I sit up and rub my eyes, still feeling the stinging pain in my arm from the new cuts. I get up and go to the bathroom to do my hair and skincare. Next I go and get changed into sweats, making sure my bandages stay covered. 

I go downstairs and into the kitchen

I go downstairs and into the kitchen. I begin filling my water bottle when I hear someone scoff. I turn around and see my mom, standing at the bottom of the steps. She glares over at me. 

Mom: You're such an embarrassment-going out and representing a part of our family while wearing that? I wish I gave you up when I had the chance..

Her last sentence hits me the most. I'm tired of being treated like this-like some sort of slave for this family. Instead of staying silent, I finally speak what's been on my mind.

Lily: You think I want to be a part of this family? Ever since Dad died, you've turned my life into a living hell. I constantly try to impress you and make you proud, but nothing is good enough. I've even starved myself in the past so I could be skinny enough for you. Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth being alive if I'm going to continue getting treated like this. 

My mom just laughed. She laughed and look straight into my eyes. 

Mom: Then do it. 

Lily: ...What...?

Mom: You heard me-If you don't like the life you're living, then just end it. 

She looks at me with an evil smirk plastered on her face. I just stare at her, deadpanned. Without saying another word, I just turn around and walk out of the door with my backpack. Luckily, Chloe's Dad is already here to drive me to school since Ian slept over at someone else's house yesterday. I through on a fake smile and get into the car. 

-Time Skip-

School was painful. I couldn't pay attention in any of my classes and kept getting in trouble because of it. I didn't eat during lunch, even though Chloe kept trying to make me. I saw Cody a few times, but every time I saw him-he'd insult me about how fat and ugly I am. 

I was walking in the halls when I pass by a certain someone. He looks down at me, smirks, and insults me once again. 

Cody: Jeez, Lily. Why're you always wearing sweats? Are you, like, trying to hide how fat you are or something? 

I flip him off and keep walking straight as he laughs at his own joke. Even though I hate him, for some reason, my heart breaks. I'm not sure why, but every time he insults me it feels like I'm being stabbed in the heart. I ignore the thought, pushing it to the back of my mind, and continue with my day. 

After school, I text Ian telling him that I'm going to be sleeping over at Chloe's house. He agrees since it's Friday and we don't have school tomorrow. Chloe and I walk into town, and then straight to her house. We go up to her room and I jump on to her bed. We talk for hours, doing makeup, skincare, braiding each other's hair. She offers me snacks, but I just tell her that my stomach's been hurting today. We stay up for hours just hanging out and having fun until we put on a movie and doze off to sleep.