Part 4: Raghukul

Raghukul: Raghuvaṃśa (Sanskrit: रघुवंश) or Raghukula is a legendary Indian dynasty, primarily featured in Hindu scriptures such as the Itihasas and the Puranas. It is considered to be an offshoot of the Sūryavaṃśa or the Ikshvaku dynasty lineage of kings, tracing its ancestry to the sun deity Surya. Kings of the Raghuvaṃśa line are referred to as Raghuvaṃśī. The dynasty is named after Raghu, a legendary king who protected the sacrificial horse of ashvamedha from Indra. Raghuvaṃśī kings include MandhataHarishchandraSagaraBhagirathaDilīpaRaghuAjaDasharatha and Rama.

***

The whole Ayodhya burst into exciting emotions, today was the day of Kosala's Royal Family welcomed the Royals of Hastinapur to the palace. Everyone was so excited, as they wanted to see the valiant sons of the Kuru dynasty.

Contrary to many people's excitement outside, in the garden inside the palace, stood Suryavanshi Princesses with the sons and daughters of the ministers.

"Yuvrani jiji, please let us go this time, we want to see the procession of receiving Kuru Rajkumar in the palace!" one of the girl asked, but the Yuvrani shook her head,

"no. All of you were the one who asked me to teach you this dance, beside, Navratri and Dussehra are getting close. Also, you can always see the Kuru Princes in other time, it's not like they're going to runaway after coming here," she said with her hands on her hips, then she tucked the angvastram, then clap her hand, "come on everyone, on your position."

The girls reluctantly stood on their position while the boys took the drums, she too went to her position, then she signalled the musician. The steps they took were hard, as they should composed very much flexible bodies, and the way their bodies coordinated, the limbs must balance perfectly and energetic as well.

Back in front of the palace, everyone burst in excitement, today was the welcoming day of the Kuru Royal Family into the palace, then tomorrow was the exchange of their horoscope to determined their wedding.

Everyone worked hard, the Suryavanshi Royal Family stood in front of the gate, the procession of the Hastinapur Royals were getting close, guards blown shanka to signalled the arrival of the groom's side of the family. Everyone looked majestic on their chariots, behind all of them, the grand procession of gifts from Kuruvansh were carried by carriages and carriages. They were welcomed by Maharani Shruti, Maharani Indulekha, and Maharani Sumitra, along with the Suryavanshi Princes, Kathiravani may not had a sibling born from her parents as she was the only child they got, but his father had two brothers who had several children, Maharaj Nagnajit himself had three sons and one daughter, Maharaj Pinaka had two daughters and five sons. After did their aarti, the procession were welcomed to entered the palace.

Everyone marvelled at how grand and ancient this palace was, it was made by gold, as Kosala was known as the Golden Kingdom, the kingdom was rich with gold and many precious stone along with agriculture, made this kingdom prosperous.

"Welcome, Mahamantri Vidur, Dronacharya, Kripacharya and all the Kuru Rajkumars!" Maharaj Ranjeet invited them inside the sabha. After all of the ceremony and rituals completed, Maharaj asked their sons to guided these Kuru Rajkumars to their respective chambers.

Yuvraj of Kasi-Kosala, Abhishek, was tasked to lead the future husband of his sister, along with his brothers. Yuyutsu tagged along as he was close to the Pandavas rather than Kauravas.  They climbed the stairs to walked into their rooms, when they heard songs. Yuvraj Abhishek smiled,

"ah, that's my sisters, they along with the sons and daughters of our ministers are practicing dance for Dussehra,"

The Pandavas along with Yuyutsu chewing their lips, to hide their teasing smirk, they knew very well how every night since they met the Yuvrani of Ayodhya, their eldest brother lose his sleep, as his mind and heart always occupied by her. And the Pandavas knew very well that since their father told Yudhistir about the Suryavanshi Princess, he anticipated the day they met. 

"oh, may we see them, Yuvraj?" Sahadeva asked, Yudhistir startled, he looked at the Yuvraj,

"i don't think we should. It will be improper," he quickly added while the Yuvraj shook his head,

"it's alright, Rajkumar Yudhistir. They are not doing it privately, it's in Palace's garden. Come, let me show you."

He led them towards the terrace overlooked the magnificent garden of the Palace, there they saw people dance with very amazing move, Yudhistir's eyes quickly only saw the Yuvrani.

"Rajkumar Yudhistir, the one who wear yellow lehenga with flowers decorated her hair is my sister, Ayodhya ki Yuvrani, Kaushalya,"

"Ayodhya ki Yuvrani... And the future Yudhistira-Patni," Arjun muttered, made his other brothers snickered, while Yudhistir could only calm himself down, hope that no one saw the way his eyes followed the Yuvrani's movement.

With one single beat of the drum, the dance ended. Kathiravani clapped her hand, with a smile adorned her face,

"great job, everyone. You may go now."

"great dance, Jiji, with your lead the dance becomes so beautiful!" Mira excitedly said, she joined her hand with her sister, "now let's go, aren't we supposed to go and do pooja for Lakshmi-Narayan and prepared tomorrow's pooja for Ganpati Bappa?"