Part 6: the Pooja

After wearing the whole set of yellow, green and red clothes. Her shringar were meticulous in the hands of the Suryavanshi Maharani, she looked extremely beautiful, she seldom wear heavy jewellery like these adorned her body right now, as she preferred simplicity, so when did her shringar, she always wear variety of flowers. She loved the flowers adorned her, sje felt it was a blessing from Bhumi Devi. She saw herself at the mirror, and startled, she blinked and shuddered, her mothers of course noticed it all, as they said, mother's eyes never missed her child's movements.

"What happened, dear Mudita?"

"i just feel something is missing," she answered, she saw her reflection again, then sighed, Nagnajiti came to her with a morphank in her hand, then placed it in her hair,

"look, Jiji, you are complete."

Kathiravani smiled so big at her reflection then nodded contentedly with her appearance, with the addition of morphank in her head, she felt like her brother was here with her today. Her Shyam was with her,

"come, let's go, the auscispious time almost here!"

She was led by the women, they walked towards the sabha, she coukd hear the sounds of drums and other instruments, how many sang and danced.

"The Bride is here!"

Kathiravani felt anxious, her heart beat so fast. Thanks to her mother and two aunts, she could walk gracefully. They entered the hall where the Suryavanshi and Chandravanshi Kuru clans stood, the music started, it felt like a big festivals.

"Ayodhya ki Maharani Vaidehi, Nishada Ki Maharani Janandhi, Shravasti ki Maharani Valabhi and Yuvrani Kaushalya entering the aula!"

Everyone stood to received the four royal women, as the other Princesses and daughters of nobles sat in women's side overlooking the whole sabha. 

Kathiravani glanced at the big Ganesha statue in the middle of the room seated in pandal, while everyone circulated around him, her eyes moved to the modak and kheer, mentally counted it and sighed in relief when everything in the place. Today was the day of exchanged the birth date of bride and groom. As the both kulguru would analyse Rajkumar Yudhistir and Yuvrani Kaushalya's birthdate to determined the date of their wedding ceremonies.

Rishi Abhishek came forward, "today's Ganesha puja will be heeded by our Yuvrani and the Kuru Kumar,"

Kaushalya walked to the middle, joined her hands and bowed towards everyone, she looked so sure as her expression was so calm and collected, she used to do the puja for her Gods, as she was their devotee. And Ganpatti Bappa happened to be her favourite one as she regarded him as her brother, she took the aarti, and proceeded to stood in front of the grand statue who already being bathed and decorated by her father and uncles. She took a deep breath, her nose was sour, there was a lot of things she wanted to tell her Lord Ganesha, she felt the Kuru Kumar's presence on her side, but she only focused on her gaze towards her Ganesha.

Yudhistir glanced at his future wife, she was gorgeous. The lights illuminated around Lord Ganesha's idol created soft light around her, she looked divine and his heart beat faster. He could smell the incense and a soft lotus came from the young woman beside him. The puja began as he stood beside her and accompanied her. He could see the way her eyes glistened, and she blinked it away, if he hadn't observed her, he would never see it.

The puja finished, the two Kulgurus then began their ritual after receiving the birth date charts from the elders of bride and groom then began pondering.

Both of them exchanged the dates, the sighed,

"both of the birth dates are compatible, it's too compatible to be exact, the only couple who had a compatible charts like this were Lord Raghavi Ram Chandra and his wife, Mata Maithili Sita,"

Maharani Shruti smiled, "then it's good. This marriage will be auspicious like Lord Ram Chandra and Mata Sita's!"

"the marriage of our Mudita is going to be auspicious no matter who she will married, Jiji, the fact that our Mudita herself is a blessed person!" Maharani Indulekha replied with a smile, Maharani Shruti nodded, as she accepted the flowing words of her sister in law,

"the marriage is a blessing. And similar to Lord Ram Chandra and Mata Sita's marriage, this marriage shall be the first step to establish dharma in the whole Aryavrat."   Rishi Abhishek said, while Kripacharya frowned a bit,

"this marriage shall be following your words. But these one thing, too perfect is not doing any good. It may harms them," Kripacharya sighed, "their path life will be set in thorns and painful, but they certainly can overcome every difficulties if they're together."

Maharaj Ranjeet felt worried for his daughter, if he didn't promised Maharaj Pandu back then, his Mudita has another choice in the form of Swayamvar.

"then what shall we do?" he asked the two Kulgurus,

"we might ask Rajkumar Yudhistir and the Yuvrani, they'll be the one who has a choice in this," Rishi Abhishek concluded, he walked towards the seating place of Kathiravani and the three Maharani, "Yuvrani shall makes her choice first,"

Kathiravani chanted Narayan's name inside her heart, she looked at the Rishi, "Kuru Kumar Yudhistir is the son of Maharaj Pandu. From young age i've heard of his stories full of valour and compassion, a mighty warrior and full of wisdom King, no doubt the son he has will follow his footsteps, then whatever the Kumar wants, i'll follow it as my Dharma."

After heard her response, Yudhistir tried his best to surpassed a shy smile on his face, he usually a very calm person yet the Yuvrani who he didn't met officially yet could be able to make his heart beat fast with words. 

Everyone waited for his answer, he nodded at Kripacharya, "with the blessings of the elders, i'll take the Yuvrani as my wife. No matter how many thorns in our future path, as long as i'm with her and she with me, everything shall be defeated and we will merge victorious."

With that, the two Kulguru counted the days. After sometimes, they smiled,

"the wedding rituals shall be begin in the two days after Vijayadashami."

Everyone broke out in cheers. The sound of the drums and musics accompanied them all. It was festive, as Maharaj Ranjeet told his men to distributed the coins to everyone and prepared the foods to offered to all of the temples across Kosala.