Nikkah|6

The venue was like a magical garden, with big tents covered in flowers and sparkly lights. Songs played as guests, dressed in shiny traditional clothes, watched the performers dance with their drinks in hands.

Trucks arrived with lots of delicious food, like tasty biryani and juicy kebabs. People brought gifts wrapped in shiny paper and tied with pretty bows, making the scene even more special.

Everyone was getting ready when it started raining, and a thunderstorm took over. The guests were ushered inside, Gul Khan who was still wearing her kurti was going crazy, as Bashar screamed at her from other side on the phone.

"Meri beti ki shaadi thi, backup venue kyu nhi book kiya!", Gul kept her voice steady, but Bashar was bursting her earbuds with his high pitched voice.

"Seriously Bashar... calm down. Humarey bhi guest aaye huey hain baithaya hai unhe ghar mai, baarish rukti hai toh ussi waqt dusre venue par chaley jayenge-", he cut her off.

"Tumhare guests and mere guests mai farakh hai, mere business tycoon tumhare khala k ladke nahi. Itne badey businessman ko ghar mai rakhunga toh meri izzat do taqqay ki nhi rahegi!" Gul Khan held the phone away from ears as he went on.. Asif who exited the washroom taunted her, "Aur karao badey ghar m shaadi, aisehi dabake rakhega puri zindagi tumhe aur tumhare bete ko".

Gul covered the speaker and shushed him, "Bakwass band karo aur venue talash kro jaldi".

Asif went to the dresser and picked up the comb brushing his hair. He had been against this union, although Bashar was his friend, Asif knew he was after Murtasim's business. Because of this clever man now Murtasim had the complete autonomy, his years of hardwork were down the drain.

Bashar was a clever fox.

"Tum chodo, I will book a venue for my daughter le aana apne khaala k ladkon ko aur baraat m nachaa k laana", he cut the call after that. Gul Khan screamed frustrated, "How dare he talk to me like that! His daughter will be living in my house, then why is he acting like a problematic saas. So what if my son goes to their venue. Isn't it the bride's family that decorates the nikkah venue?"

She was regretting saying yes to this union, but she held in her anger, nothing could be changed now. The groom was getting ready, the bride was on her way and most important the guests where here too. Gul Khan cared most about her reputation, more than she cared about her kids.

In her room Maheer sat, her eyes teary as she looked at the heavy set. Her hands clad with heena, the heena didn't had the man's name who was in her heart. Her life had turned into a joke, her father wanted her to be Gul Khan's daughter in law, knowing how conviving she was. When she was younger Bashar wouldn't let even the teachers scold her and now that she had turned into vulnerable girl, she was being pushed into a witch's house.

She lifted the ruby necklace, her eyes tearing up, the kajal smearing around her eyes as she sobbed. Who would listen to her tales of love? That she had fallen for a man who had no idea about her feelings. The feelings she had kept in her heart, the feelings that would bring her nothing but shame. How many times she had tried to convey her heart, but he never said them back. Who would listen to her broken heart?

Maheer Murtasim Khan...

It repulsed her. The name was a punch to her gut as she dropped on the ground sobbing, the tears in her eyes falling as she cried for her broken heart, cried for her incomplete love, cried for the tale that never started.

How she wished it was Usama...

"Why Allah? Why?"

"First you stole my mother from me, now the person who helped me get over her death... "