Galatfehmi|8

"Murtasim kidhar hai!?" Bashar shouted, loading his gun, Gul Khan pushed Neha behind her, "Bashar calmed down -"

"Tu chuppp! Kidhar hai woh?" He asked Asif, Asif glanced at Gul Khan, then dialled his phone at home, "Address ghar ka dikha raha. "

"Woh kamina meri beti ko yaha chodkar ghar mai kya kar raha???"

He was off with his car, Gul Khan pulled Usama, "Usama woh pagal hai, maardega Murtasim ko, tum jaldi jao", Usama who was in a state of shock nodded his head and followed after Bashar. Gul Khan herself ran out with Neha and got in a taxi because Asif was off, too. Her nerves were getting to her, "What if he shot him?"

Gul Khan was praying the entire way, "Ya Allah mera ek hi beta hai hifazat kar uski."

"Neha Murtasim ko call karo usse kaho ghar se bhaagey warna Bashar hashar nashar kardega", Neha fumbled with her phone as Gul Khan prayed, "Ya Allah... bhaiyya thoda tez chalao mere bete ki zindagi ka sawal hai".

Neha, who was panicked, dialled his number again, "Ammii... band aaraha hai"

Gul Khan placed her hand on her heart, "Hayee... mai marjaungi Neha, tera Bhai"

____

The phone kept ringing, and it buzzed, "Koi acchi ringtone nahi daalsakte they?" Mahjabeen asked for the past hour the mobile kept ringing. It's was boring. Murtasim kept revolving around the room every time it buzzed, "Itna darrte ho Bashar uncle se?"

"Tum jaanti nahi ho, woh insaan nahi jallat hai," he stated, and Mahjabeen laughed, "Us jallat ki beti se nikkah karna chahte ho tum"

Murtasim stopped and walked towards her frowning, "Mahjabeen mujhe roast karne ke paise milrahey kya tumhe?" She shook her head, holding in her laugh, "Mujhe bore horaha hai. "

"Toh bahar dekho," she shrugged, muttering 'bawla' under her breath. The phone started ringing again, and Mahjabeen stopped him, "Ya Allah, agar tumne ek aur chakkar liya toh khuda qasam tumhara naam helicopter Murtasim rakhdungi", he couldn't believe his ears.

"What?"

He couldn't believe what he had just heard. Nevertheless, he calmly sat down.

"Haan ji," she said proudly.

"Please thodi der k liye gungi hojao, hum dono k liye accha hoga", he was nervous and her constant chatter was irritating him.

"Kaash mai shaadi mai hoti toh Biryani khaati," she uttered. He smiled, "Haan toh jaona, kaash mai shaadi mai hota, meri shaadi thi woh!"

"Thi ka matlab? Hogayi kya?" Her every word was getting on his nerve, Murtasim had to remind himself this was Mahjabeen, and she wasn't doing it purposefully.

"Please mere sabar ka imtehaan mat lo".

"Arrey mai toh bas yeh sochri bina dulhe ke shaadi kaise hogayi?" There was curiousity in her tone. He looked over, and sighed, "Koi shaadi waadi nahi hui, bas meri band bajne waali hai".

"Dhol kidhar hai?" Mahjabeen asked excitedly.

"Dhol?" He gave her a side eye.

"Haan dhol. Bina dhol ke band kaise bajega? Tumhe toh itna bhi nahi pata", she giggled.

"Khuda ke liye chup hojao," he stalked towards her, "Please,"

The phone stopped ringing midcall and Murtasim sighed, "Phone bhi band hogya".

Mahjabeen realised Murtasim was going crazy so she shut up and glanced outside. Three cars entered the bungalow, they were back.

"Arrey dekho tumhare sasur," Mahjabeen pointed out. He came towards the window and looked out. There was a gun in his hand, Murtasim went to his mother's draw, for safety.