𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚

𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝘿𝙖𝙮

𝙔/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

We're inching closer to school starting back after the winter break. It was New Year's Eve and I was pretty excited for the night to come. My family was throwing a New Years party so, I had a lot of family coming down as well as my friends and their families.

We pretty much invited everyone since we have a big house. My mom loves to host events so, by default, I have a high charged social battery.

I went to the store grabbing some last minute things for the party and couldn't stop thinking about why Alex has been acting so shift lately. We've spent the least amount of time together than we have in a long time.

I was starting to feel like I did something, maybe Kelley finally got in her head, I don't know. I couldn't think of anything plausible, especially with her cancelling our date, it just leaves a weird taste in my mouth that she's hiding something from me.

I headed down the aisle, grabbing some Apple Cider bottles when I see O'Hara come down the aisle. Speak of the devil. I tried to turn around since she wasn't looking up from her phone but the wheel on the basket got stuck and locked. "Y/n." Kelley speaks and I internally groan as I turn to my girlfriend's best friend, giving her a fake smile. "Kelley."

"Look, you already know I barely like you but, I'd like to know what you did to my best friend." She says with attitude as she crosses her arms over her chest.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I questioned. "She's been avoiding me, I haven't hung out with her in a week, she's giving me slow replies on our texts-"

"Welcome to the club- why do you assume I did something, she probably finally got tired of dealing with your jealous ass." I mumbled off with a smoke as I finally got the basket to work as I pushed it down the aisle.

Kelley turned, following me down the aisle. "Look, whatever you did it's affecting our relation-friendship."

I raised my eyebrow as I stopped and stared at the shorter girl. "Bro, what are you on? You're so delusional it's crazy. First off, I didn't do anything to Alex, she's being dodgy with me too. Secondly, it must be tiring living in my shadow with how much you desperately crave my girls attention, huh? Just because you've been crushing on my girlfriend for ages and she doesn't reciprocate those feelings for you doesn't mean I had something to do with it." I smiled as I walked away leaving Kelley standing there with her mouth agape.

"I do not like her like that."

"Right, and I'm not gay." I laughed off as I fully walked away.

Only thing concerning me about Alex is the fact that Kelley also seems to be out of the loop with whatever is going with her. That's making things more weird than I previously thought.

. . .

𝘼𝙡𝙚𝙭'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

Shock. There was no other word for it. Shock. Fear. I was scared most of all. I don't even know where to begin with this, I don't know what to do. I'm not prepared for this.  There was so many things going through my head, I couldn't seem to think straight, that was impossible. This, this is impossible.

How was I supposed to go about things normally. How was I going to explain this to her. How will she react? Will she leave me? Will she stop loving me?

My parents, would they hate me? Disown me? Kick me out? So many things ran through my mind. The future I had once envisioned for myself, for my life, for the life I imagined with my girlfriend, our future, it had all seemed to crumble in an instance.