𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

𝙔/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"Dashing, I see you still got some flavor with your style." I knew that British accent anywhere. I turned around to see my sister's husband, Dom, standing at my bedroom door.

"How are you?" I asked as I smiled as I gave him a hug. "I'm doing good, you? Excited for the dinner?" He asked as he took a seat on my bed.

I was having a birthday dinner here at my house with family and friends. I didn't really want to do anything too extravagant, especially since I have school and stuff soon and I'm getting ready for the playoffs.

"Yeah, I'm just excited for Alex to stay over." I smiled to myself. She hasn't stayed over in a while and I think it'll be good to get us back on track since she's reenacting so weird lately and I don't have any idea why. Plus, it's my birthday, I think you get where I'm going with that.

"Right, how are things going there? Still going strong?"Uh, yeah for the most part I guess. We've had a few bumps in the road like anyone but, lately she's been a little distant, I don't know if I did something or what. She keeps saying I didn't but-"

"Hey, if your woman tells you you didn't do anything wrong, take it and run with it because the next second she'll be yelling at you ready to rip your head off and then later tell you she's pregnant." Dom joked.

"I told you when you first started dating Syd that she's a firecracker, not my fault you decided not to listen to me." I laughed as I shrugged my shoulders.

Dom and I continued talking a bit before he headed back downstairs to help Syd with Cassius. I looked over my outfit once more before heading downstairs myself.

Music was playing, a few of my family members and family friends were already here, they all greeted me as I came down and I looked over to the gift table to see it full of things already. Looks like I'm cleaning up already.

"Hmm my baby is growing up." My mom pouted as she wrapped her arms around me. I giggled knowing the closer I get to my 18th birthday, the more tears seem to flow from her eyes. "Mom, I'm still a kid, I'm not going anywhere."

"I know but, you're getting older and you've already shot past me in the height department, I just miss my little baby with the cutie squeezable cheeks." She smiled as she started peppering kisses over my face.

My dad pulled me into a hug patting my back. "You already know I'm proud of the woman you're becoming, just don't like that you're almost as tall as me." He joked as he kissed my forehead.

I was really close with my parents. Since I was a kid, we did practically everything together. I didn't like going places without them, no matter how busy they were, they always seemed to find ways to be at every game, every recital, whatever it was.

If one of them couldn't make it for whatever reason, I could always count on at least one parent being there. My parents friend came by snapping pictures of us on his camera before my god father walked in the front door. "RYAN!" I yelled as I leapt into the arms of my god father/my mom's best friend, Ryan Gosling.

"There's the birthday girl!" He smiled as he gave me a hug and kissed the top of my head before greeting my parents. "Where's Eva?" my mom asked. "Kids are sick and there was no way Eva was letting me miss my goddaughters birthday." he smiled as he gave me another hug.

"Where's Alex?" he asked as he looked around. "She's not here yet, you know how she is, she takes forever to get ready." I smiled as Ryan nodded and we walked to the backyard so I could catch him up on my life.

Ryan's always been super important to me. He and my parents are very close and they're best friends so, he's always been in my life.

. . .