.𖥔 ݁ ˖prologue˖ ݁𖥔.

LILITH SIGHED OF RELIEF as shrill, screeching wails filled the room. She closed her eyes, breathing in and out deeply, happy that the pain was over. 'That apple better have been worth it' she thought.
She looked over to her husband, the king. He gazed at her lovingly. She loosened her grip on his hand, allowing him to let go, but he didn't.
They both shifted their eyes to the other side of the room, where the doctors were cleaning up and taking care of the newest adition to the monarchy of Hell.
Lucifer pushed strands of hair away from Lilith's forehead, moving so he could be closer to her.

The room was bright and hot dispite the curtains being drawn and it being almost midnight. She guessed that was just hell itself, but it certainly wasn't helping in the moment.
She wanted her baby, what was taking them so long? She wasn't normally this impatient, but she was exhausted.
Soon, the cries died down. Lucifer watched the nurses wrap the baby up in a blanket with little red apples patterned on it. The nurses hooves clopped against the floor as she approached the King and Queen, cradling the small bundle with care.

"Your Majesty, here is your daughter." She handed the baby to Lilith, who accepted eagerly. She cradled the little girl in her arms. Her eyes were barely open, staring up at her mother. Her chubby cheeks were flushed red, along with her little nose. She looked like Lucifer, just like her first daughter, Charlie, did. Lilith chuckled, stroking her daughter's cheek. Lucifer pulled back the blanket, trying to get a better look at his baby girl.
Tufts of (h/c) hair had stuck out of the blanket.

"She's perfect." He said warmly and softly.

Lilith held onto her baby for a few more minutes before handing the princess to her daddy. He pulled a chair over to sit down. He grabbed the baby from her arms.
Looking down, he knew his heart couldn't be fuller than it was now. He pressed little kisses to her forehead, nose, and cheeks.
He now had not one, but two perfect daughters.
"Excuse me?" The nurse was asked. They both shifted their eyes to the nurse. "Do you both have a name in mind?"
They both looked at each other. They remembered the looooooong conversation they had about names until they both decided on the perfect name.

"y/n." Lilith responded.

🍎 ♪ ˖ ⊹ ♬˚₊‧🍎 ♪ ˖ ⊹ ♬˚₊‧🍎 ♪ ˖ ⊹ ♬˚₊‧🍎 ♪ ˖ ⊹ ♬˚₊‧🍎

"She's just in here."

Lilith heard the voice of her husband outside of the nursery door. She towered over the Scarlett crib. y/n was sleeping peacefully, her little chest moving up and down with every breath. The diamond baby mobile spun above her. It was Lucifer's idea. It looked like a little chandelier.

The door opened and in came her other daughter and husband. Charlie had been ecstatic the whole 9 months. She helped her father set up the nursery and read books to Lilith's stomach so that the baby could listen.
The slippers she was wearing made soft slaps against the floor. They had gotten home from the hospital quite late. And Charlie wanted to wait for them to get home. One of the maids offered to stay up with her.

Charlie stood on her tippy toes to try and see into the crib. Lilith picked her up and rested her on her hip. Charlie clutched onto her mother and looked down. Her big, round eyes brightened at the sight of her baby sister.
She squealed. "She's so cute!" Her grin widened.
Lilith chuckled. "Yes, she is."
Lilith walked over to the door. "But, it's time for you to go to bed. It's way past your bedtime." Lilith says.

Charlie whined. "But I want to stay with the baby!"
"Mommy and Daddy are going to stay with the baby tonight. You'll see her in the morning."
"Pleeeeaaaaaasssseeee?" Charlie begged. "No, sweetheart." Lilith chuckled.

They reached Charlie's room. The door creaked open and Lilith approached the bed. She laid her daughter down, pulling the covers up to her chin. Lilith tucked her in.

"We'll just be in the nursery if you need anything." Lilith reassured. Charlie yawned.
"Goodnight, my dear."
"Goodnight, mommy."

Lilith is about to close the door before Charlie shoots up.
"Wait!" Lilith turns around. "Yes?" She asks. "Can you tell y/n that I said goodnight?" Charlie asks her mother.
Lilith giggles. "Of course, my love."

She shuts the door.