.𖥔 ݁ ˖chapter 1˖ ݁𖥔.

Y/N RECALLS HER CHILDHOOD fondly. She remembers running around the castle halls, being chased by her sister while they played tag. Her mother and father would play with her, and read her bedtime stories, and kiss her goodnight.
Her older sister, Charlie, was her best friend through and through when they were younger, despite her being 7 years older than y/n. They loved playing with dolls, singing songs together, and they would share everything with each other. One of the most memorable things that Charlie had shared with y/n was her dream.
The dream to help sinners go to Heaven. y/n didn't understand what she meant at first. What was Heaven? What were sinners?

Nonetheless, she still loved hearing about it. She showed y/n drawings of what looked like a hotel. y/n showed her drawings of their family. Their parents seemed more positive towards y/n's drawings than Charlie's, now that she looks back on it.

She remembers her dad helping her control her powers and comforting her when she accidentally shape shifted into a rabbit.
He had gotten her a baby goat for her 4th birthday. She watched him conjure it out of pure angelic power. It was a soft, light pink goat with golden horns and hooves and small white wings. She named him Beau.

Her parents had helped her and her sister through every step of life. Her mother was caring and supportive. Her hugs were warm and her voice smooth.
Her father was funny, and always made her happy. At least, whenever her mother wouldn't distance her and Charlie from him.
Lucifer was there to wipe her tears and help her control her powers and be just a wonderful father, but after she turned 5, Lilith would keep her and her sister distanced. And it wasn't as if their father was trying to make a connection.
For the short period of time that Lilith was in y/n's life, she never felt unloved.

Then, Lilith disappeared. It felt like one day she was there, then she was gone the next. y/n was only 7 and Charlie was 14(in human years).
Everything seemed to fall apart piece by piece after that.
Charlie herself seemed to grow a bit distant from y/n, along with her father. Charlie and his relationship became rocky and complicated,
and y/n was just...there.

Her and Charlie stopped talking. y/n just stayed in her room most of the time and Charlie was focused on moving out.
And then she did.

And that brought everything to the present.

y/n sat in her bedroom, scrolling mindlessly through her phone. She was laying on her stomach, Beau was sleeping next to her. He still seemed so small. He was still so young, just like y/n.
She pushed her (h/c) hair out of her face. As she grew, her hair started to gain a shiny, gold complexion with gold highlights.

She was wearing red sweatpants with a baggy white tee shirt she had cut the collar off of so it was an off the shoulder. She thought it was cuter that way.
She was a princess alright, but she sure didn't feel like it. Of course she had a tiara. It was jeweled and extraordinary, but she only wore it to royal events with the sins and Goetias. She never went to those anymore.

She had pretty, fancy, dresses made especially for her stored all the way in the back of her walk-in closet. She doubted they fit anymore, anyway.
She went to the contacts on her phone, considering calling her friend, Maeve. She wondered if she was even still alive.
y/n hadn't left the castle since the most recent extermination, which was about a week ago? Yeah, a week.

Maeve was her best friend that she had met at a party when she was 5. She had managed to sneak into the party at the castle. They had met at a snack table, where Maeve was absolutely scarfing everything she could. She complimented y/n's dress and tiara, then they ran off to y/n's bedroom to play with dolls.
Maeve had continued to sneak into every party she could now. But that was a while ago, and now the only way they contacted each other was through text and calls.

y/n felt drained, and it was only 8:34 am. She turned onto her back, setting her phone down next to her. She closed her eyes and sighed. Her 14th birthday was only six months away, and she dreaded it. Birthdays used to be a big thing, now it felt like nothing to her. Just another year that her family had been broken apart.

"y/n!"

She heard someone calling from downstairs.
Her father.
"Yeah?" She called back.
"Breakfast is ready!"
y/n was quiet, deciding on whether or not she would go down. She hadn't gone down for breakfast or lunch yesterday, just dinner. She felt guilty for not going.

"Ok! I'll be down there!"

She pushed back the long red canopy that hung around her bed and let her feet drop onto the cold, shiny tile. She slid her feet into the fluffy white cat slippers sitting on the floor by her bed. "C'mon, Beau!" She chirped. Beau shot his head up and flew off the bed, his hooves landing on the floor with small clops. He bleated excitedly. y/n giggled and ran out of the room. Beau chased after her.

She passed family portraits as she ran down the hall documenting her aging process, and even some that were painted before she was born. She reminisced on the years they were taken. When she was younger and had both of her parents and sister. It was just her and her dad now. But it felt like it was just y/n, sometimes.

Oh, and she almost forgot about the insane amount of rubber ducks. y/n kicked them out of her way as she ran.

She reached the top of the staircase and jumped onto the railing. She slid down, Beau flying next to her. She landed, Beau landing on the floor right next to her.
Making her way to the dining room, she smelt the absolutely divine aroma of pancakes. If there was something her dad was good at, it was cooking.
She sighed and entered the dining room. Where her father was sitting quietly at one end of the table, eating.
She took her seat down at the other end. Beau trotted over to his bowl.

y/n picked up the fork next to the play and stabbed a piece of the pancake. Her dad had cut them up for her, just like he always did. He had cut up (favorite/fruit) for her into the shape of hearts and decorated the dish with them. She smiled and looked at her dad, who continued to eat silently.
The air felt tense. "Good morning, dad." y/n squeaked out. She wondered if he had even heard her until he looks up at her, mild surprise on his face.
"Good morning, y/n." He replied warmly, and continued to eat.
y/n started to eat as well. Absolutely heavenly, just as expected.

After she finished, she put her plate in the sink.
"Thanks, dad." She says.
"You're welcome." He smiled lightly. She walked into the living room, Beau following close behind her.

She grabs the remote and pushes the little red button at the top. She thought she'd spend some time down here for a while. The TV turns on and she flips through the channels, Beau settling down on her lap. She comes across an odd commercial.
"Welcome to the Hazbin Hot-"
It's interrupted by a news broadcast. y/n groans. She never cared for the news.
"Breaking news in Hell today!"
'What is it now?' y/n thought.
"We have just received word from the Heaven Embassy that the next extermination is happening sooner than ever before!"
That caught y/n's attention. She sits up straight on the couch.
"Do you know what that means Tom?"
"No! What does that mean, Katie?"
"It means we're all royally fucked!"

The camera switched over to the hourglass that showed the time of the next extermination, and it was shortened by a whole.

Six.

Months.