.𖥔 ݁ ˖chapter 2˖ ݁𖥔.

WARNING: mentions of blood,

Y/N HAD ONLY JUST turned 10. She tried to block out the cries and shrieks of utter agony and suffering from the sinners on the other side of her bedroom window.
An extermination was currently underway.
And y/n held her hands over her ears. They were all far away from the castle, both the exorcists and sinners, but y/n's hearing was stronger than a lot of hellborns. Not a royal or powerful thing, just something she was born with.

Every slice and scream felt like it was right next to her, and covering her ears didn't even help. This is how it had been since the exterminations first started.
She held her head, staring down at the markers and paints and pencils that were on the floor of her bedroom. Her paper adorned with vibrant colors. Papers similar to it hung from her walls. They contrasted with the many reds that made up hell.

Tears were streaming down her face. She contemplated going to her dad for comfort, but she didn't know where he was, and she was afraid to leave her room.

Suddenly, the stained glass windows shattered, destroying the design of what used to be a Lily of the Valley. y/n screamed bloody murder, looking up at the person who had broken in.
It was an exorcist. Her horns were long and curled down. She had a sword in hand, sinner blood all over her uniform, and that awful, awful x over her eye.
y/n backed up into the door. The exorcist had her trapped. She laughed, raising the sword up. y/n was crying hysterically. She had thought this was the end. That this was how she was going to die.

She soon feels a pair of arms around her. The red sun was blocked out, and she was shielded. The arms cradle her tight. She opens her eyes to see her father. His wings wrapped around the both of them. He held her to his chest. Pushing her hair out of her face and wiping the tears from her apple-red cheeks as they continued to stream.
"Shhhh...it's ok, daddy's here."
y/n wraps her arms around his neck, bathing in the shade and protection his wings provided her. She continued to sob into him. The exorcist was gone, and she was unharmed besides some cuts from the glass. She didn't know what happened to the exorcist, but she had an idea.
"Don't worry anymore, you're safe."
"Daddy..."
He didn't respond. He pressed a kiss to her forehead, pushing her (h/c) locks out of the way.

"I'll never let anyone hurt you, my sweet apple."

y/n felt Beaus little head nuzzle against her head under the blankets. She was curled up into a ball underneath her 8 blankets. Her bed was her safe place. If texting Maeve or playing an instrument or doing anything to soothe her nerves didn't work, this normally would.

Her hugged her knees to her chest and closed her eyes. She wasn't tired at all despite desperately needing a nap. Beau bleated before curling up next to y/n on the blanket. The fluttering of his wings coming to a stop. 
y/n reached a hand out to scratch his head. She sighed.
She hated how riled up and scared she got over news and any mentions of the exterminations. She wished she wasn't so weak.
She compared herself to her family a lot. To her dad, mom, and sister. Her sister didn't have the best reputation at the moment, sure. Everyone had seen the disaster on the news with Katie Killjoy, but her sister was confident and outgoing. She was trying to make something of herself outside her title as Princess of Hell and Heir to the throne.
y/n was a princess. Obviously. But she wasn't sure she was known for any other reason besides her status and pretty face.

She heard her a ding from somewhere under the blanket. She pats her unoccupied hand under the blanket around her until she feels her phone. She picks it up and turns it on. Squinting her eyes at the violent brightness.
It was Maeve!