28 : "Dear heart, why him?"

CHAPTER 28

XAVIER QUINN

I remained seated in my place as she left. My eyes were fixed on the amount she left. 

“Xavier?” I looked at the person.

Anya.

I stood up from my seat and hugged her “How you doin’?”

“Good. I miss our meets.” She replied. She took Viviana’s seat and I was back in mine. “So, was that girl from a few minutes ago, your to-be-wife?”

I nodded “She is.”

“But you know Xavi, we would look better together and you weren’t even happy with her. Just let it go.”

“I cannot.”

“Why, Xavi? William is with us, he doesn’t want any revenge then why are you doing this?”

“Do you think after the arrest he is okay, or normal? He is not. With this revenge I can at least punish the man who did this to him.”

“What are you gonna do?”

“Still don’t know. Surely, I’ll figure something out.”

She leaned her back against the chair and smiled at me. “When will you do something for yourself?”

I am doing this for me. She is my happiness. 

For the first time I am desperate to have a home.

Confused? Well I myself am.

I don’t know what I am gonna do once we are married. Am I gonna hurt her? Or love her? Should I destroy our lives again? Or should I make a home with her?

I don’t fucking know.

But I want this marriage at all costs. If I do not marry her, again I'll lose her. 

I want her, that’s it. End of the discussion.

“You’ll know.”

She got up from her seat and held my hand “C’mon, get up.”

“Where to?” I was totally confused.

“Get up, Xavi.” I stood up. She held my hand, leading me to the exit. She pushed me against the car and started sucking on my neck.

“Stop it.” I said, trying to push her back.

She continued kissing me. I wanted to push her really hard but my morals didn’t allow me to hurt a woman.

“Anya, please.”

“I missed you, Xavi. I missed us, Xavi.” She breathed. 

Her lips were about to meet mine when I shouted “Stop it, Anya!”

I have never raised my voice at her. This was the first time and it took her by surprise. She pulled away from me “It’s been just 2 months, is it so easy for you to forget me? We’ve been together for a year.”

I removed her hands from my chest.

“She wasn’t even talking to you like a decent person. I love you. I cannot forget you, it’s so damn difficult. I want you back.”

“I am really sorry for hurting you but I cannot do this with you.”

“It feels like I am the only person who is suffering this break-up. You are not even affected. You are loyal to that girl. So committed when she doesn’t even treat you well. Why? This is clearly not revenge. If it was revenge, you would’ve not left me. You would’ve given me the option of still being your girlfriend.”