47 : Mission - AVOIDANCE

CHAPTER 47

XAVIER QUINN

We returned back from Rome last night and since then I have been getting extremely cold. She didn't speak a word to me and whenever I try to tell her something in reply I get a nod. 

And it's driving me insane. 

I am dying to listen to her voice. 

I am dying to listen to her complaints. 

She was never the person to follow my orders. She was never the person who wouldn't argue if I forced her to do something. 

She was sitting in our bedroom with her laptop and for the last 10 minutes I have been trying to start a conversation with her but as usual she is just nodding her head.

“Viviana.” I called her again.

She looked up at me.

“Mum and Dad asked us to visit them tomorrow for dinner.”

She nodded again.

Idiot! Stupid! Say something good.

Force her to talk.

I cleared my throat “Also…” What? Also, what? “Prepare dinner tonight.”

She looked up from her laptop, our eyes met each other and that killer look… Jesus! Fuck me.

Fight me! Yes! Do it!

Tell me how much of a bad person I am and how I cannot rule your life. Curse me… anything but talk to me. This silence is killing me.

And she nodded to this, focusing back on her laptop.

What the actual fuck!?

She nodded? Without arguing?

She stood up from the bed and made her way out of the room.

“What exactly are you trying to do?” Ignoring her thoughts, I decided to continue my work. 

After I was done replying to all the emails I received, I went out of the room. Viviana stood in the kitchen, with her back facing me. She was preparing dinner. I made my way towards the kitchen.

“I’m hungry.” I said. I am not. I just need a reason to talk to her. I just need a reason to listen to her voice.

I am craving to hear her.

And as usual she did not utter a word instead she placed the plate in front of me with the food she prepared but earlier the way she used to present her food to me today she didn’t do it.

Earlier she used to say : “This is xxxx prepared by the great chef Viviana Knight Quinn.”

“You don’t have anything to say?” I asked.

She shook her head like an obedient wife who follows all her husband's orders.

My jaw clenched, I was literally losing my shit.

This is not Viviana. She doesn’t behave this way normally. 

Without having the food again, I stood up from my seat and made my way to the study. Fetching my pack of cigarettes, I headed back outside. On my way, I found Viviana on the seat in the kitchen, having the food she made sadly.

I went to the balcony and lit up a cigarette, staring outside at the view.

Why is she so addictive?

I turned back, resting my back against the railing. I inhaled once and exhaled the fumes while staring at Viviana, stuffing her food silently. Her being silent is rare. She is cheerful, she is happy, she is talkative, she protests if she doesn’t like something.