Chapter 12:A couple has lots of free time

Mavis was very happy with her marriage. Also, meeting Kumagawa's friends did explain a lot.

Anyway, things only got better since then. The hotel became more open to new residents, being a place where humans and monsters coexist.

As a consequence of that, Dracula gave Kumagawa the responsability of managing the affairs of the hotel between humans and monsters. The minus knew Dracula came up with that just because Mavis complained that he was getting bored with nothing to do around, but Kumagawa hasn't missed a chance to use that position to annoy the old vampire.

Not that Dracula minded it very much. The kid was driving him crazy, but that was their dinamic since Kumagawa first stepped foot into this hotel.

That being said, Kumagawa and Mavis had lots of free time. A thing which lead to an eventual blessing now of one year after their wedding.

Now, Mavis was going to tell him the great news. She was together with Kumagawa outside of Dracula's room.

Mavis:Well, the it goes.

Kumagawa:[He's gonna finally find out, huh?]

Mavis:...How do you think this is gonna go?

Kumagawa:[Either acceptance and happiness or an overreaction when he puts the dots together as how you got pregnant. I would hope for the second option, it's much more hilarious.]

Mavis:Well, we're gonna see.

Opening the door the couple came in to see Dracula painting what looked to be as abstract art. Mavis cleared her throat to get his attention.

Mavis:Dad, can we talk for a bit?

Dracula:Of course! John, take five.

It was revealed that what Dracula did wasn't abstract art. Rather, the monster he was making a portrait for just looked like abstract art.

Dracula:So, what's going on?

Kumagawa:[About that, Mavis was wondering if you could fly a bit with her?]

Dracula:Of course I can! We haven't done that in ages! Any special occasion?

Kumagawa:[Well, you could say that...]

Mavis bumped her shoulder into his, making Kumagawa chuckle. As Mavis lead her father to the balcony, Dracula was confused by Kumagawa's strange behavior.

Dracula:What's with him?

Mavis:He's just messing around.

Dracula:Uh, huh...Let's hope not too bad. I don't want anything catching in fire again.

Mavis:Come on, dad. All the residents liked the spectacle.

Dracula:Of course they did, they didn't need to clean up afterwards.

Mavis:Hehe!

Arriving at the fence of the balcony, Mavis jumped down. A blue mist covered her body as she trabsformed in her bat form, flying right back in frint of her father.

Dracula shrugged his shoulders, dropping down with his cape fluttering in the wind in a great gesture. As he transformed into a bat he hovered above the lake, making water splash around as he flew at a great speed.

The father and daughter were flying together through the clouds. Such a thing made Dracula really nostalgic.

Dracula: It's like when you were little and we were playing hide and go seek the sharp object.

Mavis was silent as she flew into a cloud, not being seen again. Dracula smirked as he understood what she was getting to.

Dracula:Okay, so it's regular hide and go seek!