Chapter 1: An Odd Guy

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

Munch munch munch

Our hero is currently chowing down on the free donuts offered to him by the officers. A cup of coffee was next to the boxes of donuts on top of the table. Infront of him sat a man with a laptop and the sound of him punching in the keys of the computer.

"So... Mr. Saitama. You lack ID, no reliable home address, no known relatives, job or anything... at all?" he spoke to our hero to confirm.

He sounded professional and wore differently, a sharp black suit and tie, in comparison to the people in the station. Saitama thought he was some sort of investigator they called.

"Yup, munch- munch-. I dont know what to tell you. Thats all I know, slurp-. But I said I was a professional hero though"

"Being a Hero isn't a profession recognized so I can't put it in. Also, I see your calmer now"

The agent commented Saitama's demeanor. He didn't actually show it on his face but his training says differently. He was wrecked with worry in his eyes during the questioning.

"Yeah, I am. You guys are nice. I usually don't get treatment like this often." He said with a calm smile, remembering the scenes of people assuming him to be some sort of criminal.

"Really? Well, I need to make a call Saitama, and we can actually help you."

Saitama's eyes went wide twinkled a little and the corner of his mouth creeped upwards slightly. He now sees this guy as his savior. He doesn't have to go to jail and pay a fine or something like.

"Wait, really?! Thanks man. I owe you one!" he simply said with a hint of gratitude in his voice

Saitama took his hand and shook it. He was careful with his strength even though he noticed the agents muscled build.

"Whoa, this guys grip is strong" the agent thought as he felt rather embarrassed.

"No problem, we deal with this kind of situations. We also deal with super powered beings like you"

"Oh? Heroes exist in this uh... country?"

It took some getting used to for our hero. From the talks and questions asked about him. He clearly isn't in city Z anymore. Meaning, he's lost and doesnt have a job anymore. Which also means he's practically homeless!

"Yes, we have heroes but its unlike what you told me from where you come from"

The agent pulled his hand away and left the room and gave a call.
Saitama relaxed and kept eating and drinking, his groceries beside him in the floor. He picked it up and put it on the table.

The agent outside called to report and sent the data he collected.

"Sir, I've talked to the guy. He might be an alien or a meta."

The officers of the station walked around and sat around. Filing papers, cases, putting law breakers in cells. The usual.

"Yes sir, it will be done"

The agent came back in the interrogation room and gave a reassuring smile.

Saitama was spinning a pen between his fingers like a fan and staring up at the ceiling. He was slowly closing his eyes and hasn't noticed the agent came back.

"Ahem!!"

"Wha!! What?!"

"I have some news mister Saitama. Our boss told me to give you an offer."

"Offer?" he asked calmly and sat himself up right. One arm hanging at the back of his chair and on foot over the knee of the other leg.

"He said we will handle your documents and papers in exchange, you work for us."

"What kind of work?" Saitama said curiously.

"You were a hero, correct?" the agent mentioned Saitama's stated profession."

"Uhh.. yeah."

"We like to employ you. All you have to do is do daily patrols around the city and neighborhood if you can, stop crime, follow orders, and do hero duties you normally do"

"Hmm..."

Saitama was reluctant. His face was blank and could only scratch the side of his head. The offer was in line with him being a hero but felt kinda sketchy. Like it came to him too conveniently.

...

"We also have employee benefits of paying living expenses. Which includes an apartment, food, water, some-"

Click!

"Where do I sign?!" Saitama said with eyes looking like stars.

The agent was wide eyed in surprise how readily he agreed and was more eager to accept the conditions. He hasn't even read the whole contract yet.

"How bad was this man treated back in his home?" the agent asked himself and felt pity towards the bald man.

He took out the contract which Saitama signed. He did skim over the pages and found the agent's words are true. The rest where legal stuff he didn't bother reading. It was all the same when it came to contracts like this.

"He just skimmed it... Maybe he isnt bright and got bullied" the agent thought as he saw Saitama quickly sign without a care.

Tack

"There! Now, where do I live?" he asked.

The agent looked at the exit door and nodded to the cop on the other side. The officer nodded back and opened the door.

"Follow me Mr. Saitama"

Saitama followed behind and said goodbye to the station.

---Somewhere in the world---

"Sir, I don't understand. Why did you give the man a job"

"Well Donald, I read the reports. Every bit of it is absurd and hard to believe but we might be dealing with a person from another reality."

He stood next to Donald and staring at the monitors with a live feed of a bald man being interviewed. He was stern and serious, narrow eyes focus on the face of the man who didnt have a care in the world.

"And about the offer you mentioned sir?

The superior smirked and kept his eyes on the monitors before glancing to his side.

"This Saitama fellow sounded simple, unbelievably ordinary with a face i can draw with my eyes closed. He's just a guy living his life day to day. But that can't be it, right? His hiding something, so why not take a shot?"

His brow furrowed and the smirk dissappeared.

"Are the agents assigned to monitor him ready?" he asked the subordinated working on the computers and console.

"Ready to be deployed sir. Cloaking and equipment all optimal and operational." stated by a woman.

"Lets see what this hero can do"

---END---

Thanks for reading. Support share and like. Dont forget to comment.

As i know, the GDA has experiences with other realities shown in comics and series. So Cecil can peace it together that Saitama isn't from their universe.

Saitama, as I depict him, is mostly laid back and uninterested with alot of things. His emotions are distant so he could still feel when something triggers him a strong emotional response. Some other fics make him dumb but Saitama is actually smart when it comes to noticing thing and figuring out someone. He usually does it in his way.

Other fics do make him competent when put in a situation he cant be the loving care free self in the mangas. So in this work, he would have to develop himself with regards to the people in the Invinsible world.