Chapter 6: Keeper of the Future

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

---Unknown Warehouse---

"Come on you slow pokes, the Chief ain't happy with last night so he wants us to double time"
a man in a brown suit shouted.

In the warehouse consists of conveyor belts hauling packets of what seems to be white crystals. Constantly moving forwards as the large machine hiss and creak. The hand that work the crystals had cuts and bandages. The workers faces bruised and swollen. All unkept and shivering. Their small hands tirelessly work to meet the quota.

"Boss, relax. You gonna pop a vein if you kept at it. You da$& kids better step it up or I'll beat all of ya!" threatened the henchman.

The young workers only shed tear and quickened their pace. They've been doing this since early morning and took little to no break. Their bodies frame weak and shaking but the memory of beatings pushed them past their limits. The only thing they got to do was pray silently. Tearful and missing their loved ones.

"Hrrck... Ptuy! Yeah, thats the way to do it."

Armed men surround the inner halls of the building and many are at the top platforms watching below the factory.

"Hmm... Click, security this is Big Boss. Report."

The brown suited man took his radio and pressed the call button to contact his other subordinates.

Static static

"Security, Report back" he grew frustrated.

Static static

"Da$& it! Klied report!" he shouted on the radio

Static static tick

"I put your guys to sleep, I suggest you surrender and give up your stash." an unfamiliar voice responded

"Wha.. who is this?! Like I'd give a fu$&! You ain't getting nothing!"

"Your choice..."

Static static

Clink! Thunk! Tink! Boom!

The large metal door leading outside got dented, bent, and misshapen. The hinges begin surrendering from the sheer force thats trying to get in.

Click brt ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta...

Bang bang bang bang

The thugs at the platform above swiftly came down and joined their superiors in shooting the door.

brt ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta...

Bang bang Bang

Thunk... BOOOM!!

The large metal door flew forwards and fell a couple of feet infront of the criminals. Guns smoking and the door looking like a colander. But no one came from outside.

The children behind them slaved away knowing if they stop they would be beaten again. Many just look away from the scene, loss all hope of being saved.

One of them, Melie, who was one of the new batches of children risked to look at the scene and to the girl's surprise.

A bald man with a large white cape was standing behind their captors.

"Did we- ack!" he got slammed to the ground by a red glove.

Melie couldn't believe what she was seeing. The bald man became blurry then he became many bald men behind the bad men. All the bad men in black shirts fell all together. She couldn't see very well because of the black swollen eye she had but there was no mistake.