Chapter 5

"And then slash. It's head fell off, that ladies and gentlemen was how I killed a hellhound."

The crowd in the bar cheered at the amazing story this random man had just told. Never have I seen or heard of someone who's killed a hellhound. Those things are just evil. Fear by all living humans. They show no mercy. The man had lost half of his face. I stared in amazement.

"Hear that? Could be you somday" Ruelle elbowed me lightly. I chuckled at the thought especially since I have my own ideas for my future. I took another sip of my space outlaw's drink. It tasted and looked like a galaxy. Not sure if this is really what a galaxy tastes like or whether it's taste able, but the drink sure is pleasing my taste buds.
The liquid felt cool down my throat.

"I'm heading over to the karaoke bar, wanna join?" Ruelle gulped down the last of her beer.

"I'll sit this one out" I waved her off. I watched as she stumbled over to the stage. The most annoying beat started playing, and Ruelle began to sing her favorite song made by Kolten, mother of spirits. It's usually Ruelle's voice that takes away the annoyance of the song. Her voice was the voice of an angel, even though she isn't one. But I wouldn't be surprised if she was one undercover. She hit the chorus and the crowd started cheering.

"I don't care if I lose my mind. I'm already cursed! Even though it hurts..."

The amount of times I've heard this before is insane. But the story is what brings the tears, even though it's sounds all like happiness and love.
Someone screamed from the crowd joing Ruelle on stage. My eyes widened, it was the woman from the ship, the pirate.
She came in and added even more harmony.
Everyone started dancing and in midst of it I was pulled in too. So all I could do was dance. I must've had quite the moves, since a circle was formed around me.

"Was all we needed, you chose the stars like a fairytale. I knew youu. Chasing shadows!..."

"You chose me!"
Was the last lyrics, and everyone went into a freeze position for about five seconds, then it was deafining cheers and applause.

"Another!"

"—Yeah!"

"Let's roll it up then"

I breathed in the fresh air as I exited the bar. The door closed behind me blurring the noise. I walked over to a near by bench and sat down. I watched as a few people started closing their stalls and shops. A little boy accidentally bumped into a man. Which seemed to have triggered him, the guy started shouting forbidden words at the little boy.

"Hey!" The audacity of this guy.

"For the sake of— Princess?!" he bowed immediately.

"Good evening sir" I nodded at him.

I looked at the boy, who I know have in my embrace.

'he's blind'

"There was no reason for you to lash out on this boy"

"My apologies— I wasn't thinking"

"You surely was not. He probably didn't mean to bump into you."

The man didn't say another word. So I took that as a chance to leave. I took him to the bench I was and we sat down. I gently messaged his hair.

"Are you really the princess?"

His voice was the cutest thing ever. But nothing compared to his face.

"Yes, I am"

"That's so cool. I whish I could see you"

"Trust me you don't want to"

"Why?"

"Cause I look hideous"

"I thought princessess always look beautiful."

"Well you shouldn't believe everything you hear"

"Okay, but I still think you sound pretty"

He turned his head up to the sky. The street lamp hitting his grey eyes, making them glow under the light.

"You know. I've always wanted to see the stars. To see if they are really as beautiful as people say."

I blinked away my tears as I listened.

"Sometimes I wonder why I was born this way. What even am I here for. My parents chose to love my brother cause he had the eyes of fellow wizard brothers and sisters..."

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Princess... Do you think I look like a failure?"

I couldn't believe my ears. The amount of pain and in this little boy's voice says alot. Especially at such young age. How could one not love their own child just because he's blind? That's just sick...
I would do anything to take away the pain this boy has been facing.

"No... I don't think so. I think you're really sweet... Just not loved by the right people."

If only...

"Are you crying?"

Only then had I realized I've lost control of my emotions. And drops of tears fell down my cheecks.

"No, my eyes... Are just watering"

"It's okay... I'm used to being treated like this."

I wiped away my tears.

"Wanna go check if we're able to find an open sweets store. I'll lead the way"

"No kid can say no to candy. Take me out on this quest!"

"Haha, okay! Off we go!"