Chapter 9

7:45

Ella's POV

"So you like her!" Georgia Stanway said excitedly like a little school girl.

"I swear to God, imma kill you in a minute Georgia Stanway!" Madison yelled.

I think they're talking about me. At least I hope they were kinda.

"Lucy claims she likes me too and that I was dumb if I couldn't see it," Madison said. I pressed my ear even closer to the door to see if I could catch if it really was me she was talking about.

I do have a crush on her, I have since we were like 14 and I started getting jealous of her boyfriend. All I could think back then was how pretty she was. And then when she got her tattoos when she was 18 all I thought was wow she's hot and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her since.

"Well, to be honest, it is kinda obvious. She always leaves longer touches on you than anyone else on the team. She always steals glances off you when she thinks no one is watching and her face lights up at just the mention of your name." Georgia pointed out.

I don't do that, do I? And if I did surely it wasn't that obvious!

"I mean I think she's really pretty and soooo nice and just overall an amazing person ... but I don't know..." Madison said.

"Let me take a guess. You don't know if you like girls?" Georgia guessed.

"Yeah. I dunno ... I just feel weird."

"It's okay. You'll figure it out. Imma just go get my jumper -" Georgia said. I ran as fast as humanly possible to get back into my bed as she opened the door.

"Hey Georgia,"

"See ya later at media day," she said before walking back out again.

"Bye," I said.

I quickly got changed and headed down to breakfast while completely in my head thinking about everything I just listened to.

As I walked out the door I saw Madison sitting on the floor with tears rolling down her face.

"You alright?" I asked, joining her on the floor.

"Yeah perfectly fine." She said trying to secretly wipe her face. "Where are you going?"

"I was going down to breakfast. But I can stay and sit with you if you want."

I was in fact really hungry but Madison was way more important so I stayed.

"You don't have to. Go get food, I'll see you at media day." She said getting to her feet and heading into our room.

"So why were you crying?" I asked ignoring her and following her into the room.

"It's nothing," She signed.

"You can tell me anything you know,"

"Not this,"

"What's that meant to mean? You can tell me anything,"

"El, please just leave it," She pleaded.

"Fine," I said walking back towards the door. "Do you wanna come to breakfast with me."

"I think I'm just going to stay here,"

"If you say so," I said winking at her before opening the door.

"El." She said causing me to turn around towards her. "Just so you know, that was hot."

"In that case ..." I said winking again and giggling a little before leaving the room.

I imagined her also giggling like she did when she was younger every now and again. 

I still remember that giggle. I first heard it when I went to one of her netball games. I had gotten there early so I could get seats in the stand because our school normally always sold out their games. she had scored the winning goal with like only 1 and a half seconds left and she ran to her teammates giggling with joy.

That's still one of my favourite memories.