Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

CHAPTER 3

Evelyn and Hiro were seated across from each other in the opulent living room of his suite. Hiro, engrossed in her painting, occupied one side while Evelyn, anxiously observing his analysis, sat on the other.

"So?" she asked, her smile betraying her nervousness. "What are your thoughts on it, Mr. Hiro?"

He briefly glanced up at her, offering a small smile.

"You can call me Akeno, Eve. Hiro is my last name," he clarified before returning his gaze to the painting in his hands. "And if we grow closer, only then can you refer to me as Ken."

Evelyn nodded in understanding.

"Okay, Akeno," she said his name, prompting him to look at her again, a faint smile adorning his lips.

"You have a soothing voice, Eve. I love the way my name sounds when you say it."

Evelyn smiled back, her shyness concealing her boldness. "I could say the same about you when you call my name."

Akeno smirked, placing her painting on the table between them.

"So?" Evelyn asked once more. "What do you think of it?"

Akeno pondered briefly, searching for the right words.

"It's beautiful. You possess raw talent, Eve. I can say that much."

"But?" she nervously inquired.

"But..." Akeno sighed, reclining into the sofa.

Unintentionally, Evelyn's gaze trailed down to his strong thighs, spreading as he relaxed on the sofa. Just as her thoughts started to wander, she blinked several times, quickly averting her eyes.

"It lacks something. It lacks the Hiro touch," the handsome art collector chuckled. "You've seen the art in my galleries, haven't you?"

"Yes, sir."

"You've witnessed the work of every artist under my wing."

"Yes."

"As someone familiar with my art and that of my artists, do you believe your art would fit in?"

"To be honest?"

"Yes, Eve. Be honest."

"No," Evelyn admitted. "The truth is, I can't envision anything beyond this. I'm quite traditional. Softcore art has always been my realm because it's all I've ever known."

Akeno fell silent, his gaze piercing through her. Evelyn felt as if he could see into her soul.

"You made the right choice coming to Miami. Tonight's event will expose you to a world entirely different from your own," he said to her.

"I'm eager for that experience."

"I'll allow you time to prepare. The event starts in less than two hours. I'll pick you up at your door so we can leave together. How does that sound?"

"Sounds good. Thank you."

"Don't mention it, darling. Lucas is waiting on the other side of the door. He'll provide you with your room key and escort you to your room."

"Alright."

Akeno rose from his seat, extending his hand, which Evelyn accepted. He then guided her to the door, opening it for her. They exchanged a final glance, and only then did Evelyn notice the proximity of their bodies and faces. Akeno's gaze fleetingly dropped to her full lips before returning to her eyes. Shamelessly, she mirrored his actions, her eyes lingering on his lips and then returning to his gaze.