Chapter 6 Just a Payment

Clint entered the shop and noticing that his companion was not following behind, he turned around and saw Cristine frozen in front of the shop. He looked at her with a questioning look. Cristine looked back with an 'are you serious' look.

Seeing that Clint was still standing inside, Cristine made her way to the shop.

"Look around and tell me which one catches your attention the most", Clint said as soon as she was near him.

"I don't really need anything in particular. I have enough of those", Cristine embarrassedly said.

Clint, not knowing the embarrassment she is feeling, insisted, "Just pick anything you want." He started to walk around the shop and Cristine once again froze on her place.

"Who would buy a girl an undergarment? A husband would not even do that to his wife", Cristine whispered to herself. She looked around and saw the sales lady swooning over Clint. "Tsk. Sister, your drool is about to fall", she again muttered to herself.

As Clint was busy walking around the shop, Cristine had no choice but to really look for something she likes. After a couple of minutes, Clint went to her side. He stared at the pair of undergarments in Cristine's hand. Embarrassed, Cristine tried to hide it on her side but Clint extended his hand and took them. After scrutinizing it, Clint had a trace of disappointment on his face. Cristine saw this and was in disbelief.

What's that look for? Huh! He doesn't like what I chose? He looked at the tag. Maybe, he thinks it's too expensive? Or does he think it doesn't suit my style? Huh!

Many thoughts ran through Cristine's mind and was startled when Clint spoke. "Why this?", Clint said dejectedly.

Cristine replied, "You asked me to look for what I like, so I looked for it. I chose those because I like them". Cristine, at the beginning, spoke with anger but then sadness could be felt at the end.

Sensing the sadness in Cristine's tone, Clint looked at her and after a moment, he finally realized why she was in discomfort.

"I wasn't asking thinking that it wouldn't suit you. If you want them, let's buy it", Clint explained.

After hearing those words, Cristine wanted to bury herself from embarrassment.

Clint once again looked at the undergarments in his hands. "But, with all the different brands and styles here, I want to know why you picked this brand."

Cristine sighed. The man looked really curious so she pushed her embarrassment away and answered. "Well, first of all, the design is not too extravagant. We wear them inside so being extravagant is useless. We don't even show them around. Second, the quality seems good and not easy to be damaged. And lastly, the price is not too expensive. For someone like me who has holes in the pocket, this one would be the best choice."

Clint listened eagerly and was silent for a moment. He then walked to a side, grabbed another pair, and went back to Cristine. "How about this one."

Cristine took them and perused it. She shook her head and said, "This one is good. Actually, this one caught my eye at first. When talking about comfortability, I would have picked this one. But then looking at the tag, I put it back into its place. It's too expensive! Who would buy an undergarment at such a price?"

Clint, hearing her comment, furrowed his brows. "I see."

Cristine was confused and asked. "What's this all about?" She wanted to check the price again and when she looked down, her eyes opened wide. She didn't notice it at first but looking at it now, she wanted to take back her words. It turned out that the one she was criticizing for being too expensive is from Blanc E, Clint's company!