Chapter 15 Five Months of Torture

Cristine stared at the two. She didn't expect the two to have such intimate relationship. Looking back at their interaction at the company, no one could've guessed they were this close to the point that they hugged in front of many people.

She remembered how the girl treated her and felt her cheeks ache. A month has already passed since the woman in front of her slapped her, but the pain of the slap suddenly came back to her. She gulped.

Tony leaned down and whispered to her ears, "I thought you weren't scared."

She couldn't help it. The woman has such a strong aura that instill fear. She faked confidence and glared at Tony.

Clint surprised by the woman's action stood still. But after a moment, he grabbed the woman's hands that were holding him on his waist and pried himself away from her. "What do you think are you doing?"

Giselle smiled, "I'm just so happy you came."

"I didn't come here for you", Clint stared down at her. The woman was tall but still Clint was a lot taller. No expression was evident on his face, but his voice was very stern.

Giselle was speechless and was somewhat embarrassed so she took a step back. "I-I t-thought..."

A staff recognized Clint and Tony from far away and almost flew to them in a nervous fit. "S-sirs, I didn't know you were coming." He trembled in fear. He was aware of his boss's temper. One mistake and you're out. His legs trembled, "The weather is so hot. I-I'll show you to a place where you can rest."

The number of tents pitched were counted and reserved for different purposes. The celebrities have their own tents for them to rest and two other tents were for the staff. The tents for the staff were already full of props, supplies and needed equipment for the shoot so there was no more space. He couldn't have let his bosses sit in a cramped space. He nervously looked at Giselle. Giselle's tent, together with Cai Xu Kun, was spacious and it was the only place he can lead his bosses to.

Giselle, "You can let them rest in my tent."

The staff was elated. "Yes, Ma'am", he quickly replied. Though Giselle was a model for the advertisement, it was convenient to share her tent as she was also an employee of the company.

Clint, "No need. We can have something like that", Clint pointed at a table covered by a big umbrella.

Staff, "Sir, the weather is too hot, and an umbrella will really not fully protect you from the heat."

Tony, "We're okay with it. We will be observing the shoot anyway."

The staff didn't waste time and quickly went to prepare. Giselle was also cued to shoot for her part so she also went away.

The space provided by the staff for the three was a good spot to watch the ongoing shooting without creating a disturbance. Tony and Clint sat on their chairs while Cristine stood, excitedly watching her idol.

A girl came with bottled water and some fruits. After putting them on the table she turned to go away but Clint stopped her.

"Wait."

The girl turned to him, "Yes, sir?"

"Why are there only two bottles of water?", he asked.

"Sir?", the girl was confused.

"Can't you see there are three of us?", Clint's voice as usual was soft but held great force.

The girl looked at Cristine and widened her eyes. "I'm so sorry, sir. I'll bring you another one." She quickly walked to the tent where they stored their supplies. She slapped the back of her colleague. "You told me to bring two bottles of water! There were three of them!"