Part 17: Talking

Kathiravani walked into her room with Yudhistira, she grinned when she found out that not only her husband, but the Devars also here with him. She specifically told them during dinner that she wanted to speak with all of them. She put down the tray of laddoos in the middle.

"wow, after dinner snack?" Bhimasena asked with glint in his eyes, Kathiravani nodded,

"i made this myself when i was in the kitchen, familiarise myself for tomorrow," tomorrow, the newest Kulvadhu would cook for the entire family's dinner, that was the reason Kathiravani needed to accustomed herself so she could move freely, and half part of these laddoos would be prasad for pooja tomorrow.

"Babhishree, you are the best!"

She watched them eating those laddoos one by one, but because it was made by her, the laddoos didn't even decrease a little bit.

"i have something to tell all of you," she sat beside Yudhistira, she took his hand to herself so that she could calm down, Sahadev looked at her knowingly, "but promise me none of you will stand up or interrupt me before you listen to me completely, understand?"

"what is it, Priye? Why are you so serious and tense?"

"i need you and Devars to promise first, Natha, before i tell you,"

Yudhistira squeezed her hand, "of course, i, Panduputra Yudhistira, promise that me and my younger brothers are not going to interrupt, nor stand up before we hear you completely."

Kathiravani hesitated, she took a deep breath, "there was a woman, a Princess, who still in her teenager years, served a Holy Man. That person gave her a mantra that she could summon any Gods and asked them for a child. So, because of her curiosity, she use that mantra, and she, unmarried girl got a child from a God, then because she didn't want to embarrassed her father, she made decision to put the baby into a basket then let the river carried the baby. The baby was found by a couple, then years later that baby, already grown up, that woman recognise her child, wanted to redeemed herself. What do you think? Is she at fault?"

"of course she is!" Bheem said, Kathiravani gulped, her hands shook,

"no, she wasn't at fault!" Arjun added, "i don't think it was her fault. She was just afraid, i mean, put a baby in a basket and let the river carried it away is absolutely sin, but she did it because she was afraid, she was young, unmarried and scared."

"i agree Bhrata Arjun, she did a sin but now she wanted to redeemed it, she did the right thing!" Nakul looked at his Eldest Brother, "am i right, Jyesth?"

Yudhistira let out a proud smile to his younger brothers, then he looked at his wife, "what is it, Kaushalya? Why are you asking this kind of question?"

Kathiravani pit her lips, then she decided to tell everything to all of them, from how she and Isha went to Mata Kunti's chamber, her talks with her maid, Priyamvadha, and how she told everything at them. She saw the full disbelief, shock, anger, sadness and mixture of all of it,

"where is Mata?!" Arjun rose up but Kathiravani gave hin a stern look,

"no, Arjun, sit back, you're not supposed to stand up before i say everything," her voice was soft yet stern, Arjun couldn't do anything but sat down again, as his eyes brimming from tears,

"i'm sorry, Babhishree," he said but didn't want to look into Kathiravani's eyes, Kathiravani sighed,

"as we talk, Mata is telling Bhrata Karna right now. I beg all of you to not blame Mata, what she did may be a sin, but she also just a girl back then, her curiosity killed her. Now, all of you are released from your promise, you can go, just mind your words when you talk to her, she can live with every insults thrown into her but not from her children."

Kathiravani looked into the sad faces of the five Panduputra, particulary Arjun. She came to him first, because he looked so close to lose all of it, he was the one who fought his eldest brother after all, she cupped his cheeks,

"it's not your fault, Arjun."

"Babhi!"

Arjun felt so sad, he was guilty. He fought his own eldest brother, and for sometime regarded him as enemy. He cried when his sister hugged him, she and Yudhistira shared a look, the man could only shook his head in dismay, after Arjun calmed down, he let his sister go, while wiped his tears.

"You all should go and talk to Mata, now," she ordered them, before all of them went out, she caught Yudhistira's hand, and pulling him into a tight embrace, her husband, usually calm and collected couldn't help but cried, he felt so tired. He had been a father figure to all of his younger brothers, he lost his younger years so that they could experience theirs, now that he found out he had an older brother made him felt mixture of feelings he could only let out by crying in his wife's arms.

"everything will be alright, Natha, we are going to do it together, yeah? I will always by your side. I will never leave you."

Yudhistira nodded, he placed a kiss on the top of her head,

"thank you, Priye."

"there's no thanks or sorry in a relationship like ours, Natha, i am your friend first, like dharma, i shall be always by your side in everything."

Yudhistira smiled softly, his wife was just full of surprised, and everything she did make him glad that he married her in the first place.

***

A/N: it's unrelated but anyone watching Kdrama 'Queen of Tears'? I watch it and my mood of the whole year related to this drama and if this is sad ending... Idk what to do, i'll cry everyday...