1

-Benedict's POV-

Since I was a young boy, I've always taken notice of my surroundings: the shapes, colors, the landscape, and the silhouette of the people around me. Some may call it odd of the second eldest son of the Bridgerton household to take such interest in the aspects during his young life, but like I and the other creative minds of the Ton, we like to call it "just being ourselves and willing to help those who simply do not see the world as we do gain a new insight of admiration for the subjects around them". Why do you think there are so many museums? I wish it were that easy for me to prove how much the hobby means to me to my family and make them understand, but I'm considered merely one of the two black sleeps in the household, with Eloise coming in first place. There's a saying that every struggling artist lives by, 

"Never forget where you started or where your first muse lies within you."

I've repeated that mantra in my head and out loud because it helps remind me that when I'm struggling with a piece, trying to figure out what I seek my next work to be. It has also brought me peace as well as brought up the memories I've spent with my first muse, Y/N L/N, the younger sister of my dear friend, Thomas, whom I met during my years at Eton. Their family is very prestigious and of a higher class, but that didn't mean our families weren't allowed to be around one another. Y/N is currently away traveling the Continent and seeing the world while Thomas has remained in London at The Academy. Lucky bastard, I wish The Academy was simple to get into, but as Thomas has reminded me, I need to build up my portfolio before I can request entrance. 

Stop it Benedict, no need to be thinking like that. Remember what Thomas told you, don't try to copy his work and he especially warned you NOT TO FALL IN LOVE WITH HIS SISTER!

I shook my head to get myself out of that headspace and turned my attention towards remembering why I was all dressed up. Today is Daphne's debut to society and Anthony is currently indulging in his and the opera singer's little secret affair, which I have to cover for him so Mother doesn't suspect a hair out of place. Soon after, I hear my other younger sisters coming down the stairs and talking about their outfits our mother practically forced them to wear, especially Eloise with how odd she looks dressed up. Then I hear Gregory run down and snatch one of Hyacinth's ribbons, prompting her to chase after him.

"Is our dear sister still not ready?" I asked as I began my walk to the main staircase.

"She's only been readying herself the entire night," Francesca says as Eloise rebuts with "You mean her entire life."

"I shall run upstairs and hasten her along," Colin says as he too walks alongside me to go get Daphne before I speak, "Colin, wait. I'll do it."

"She likes me better than you, Benedict," Colin responds as I look at him confused to ask, "Did she say that?"

"Everyone says that," Colin responds as a ping of hurt blossoms in my chest from hearing his comment.

Eloise pushes past us to then shout, "Daphne! You must make haste!" before turning towards us to sarcastically ask, "Should you think she's heard me?"

"Yeah, I think she did. The whole house did," I replied in the same tone but added an eye roll towards the end.

Her plan worked because not a few minutes later, we were all coming out of the estate and into the carriage, which I however am not joining them as I hoist myself onto a horse.

"Any sign of him yet?" Mother asks me as I put my riding gloves on and think up a response that will hopefully please her, but unfortunately come up short so I stay silent.

"Should your brother wish to be obeyed as Lord Bridgerton, he must act as Lord Bridgerton. Where is he, Benedict?" Mother asks again as I reply, "I do not know."