2

-Y/N's POV-

"Thomas, slow your haste! I can't go as fast as you in this dress!" I shouted as I trailed behind my brother as we ran through the gardens playing hide and seek, though the rules are constantly changing thanks to my other siblings.

"I can't! We need  to find Lillian and Jakob before they decide to change their hiding spots!" Thomas shouts back as he turns a few more corners and runs out of my sight.

I sighed before I rolled my head back to let out a sound of frustration until I heard someone chuckle behind me. I turned to see Benedict standing there, holding his art supplies, with a smirk on his face before he asked, "Left you in the dust again, didn't he?"  Benedict then walks toward a nearby bench and pulls out a charcoal pencil to begin drawing what looks to be the hedges and flowers.

"It's not fair he's the fittest in our family, yet he's an artist," I respond as Benedict raises an eyebrow, "Not that there's anything wrong with being creative-minded, I find it intriguing and beautiful to witness."

Benedict smiled up at me before he scooched over and patted the spot next to him, inviting me to sit. I took the seat before I peered over to see the page he was currently working on before he said, "Not quite finished, but it's a start."

"It looks really good Ben, you have such talent," I said before I saw his face turn pink and turn his head away before he spoke, "Thanks Y/N, but you mustn't false your flattery to me."

"I'm not! I'm quite serious, would you have preferred I be bitter about my opinions?" I asked as he shook his head and responded, "No, you're too kind to do that to anyone."

A few silent moments passed before Benedict piped up with, "Can I draw you? You know, as my subject?"

I looked at him in shock that he would want to include me in his pieces, but then I nodded and said, "Of course, any requests on how to pose?"

"If you would, can you sit on the swing and just look out into the garden?" Benedict asks as I get up from my seat to go on the swing and start modeling for him, staying as still as possible.

After what felt like forever, he told me he was finished and showed me what he created, which took my breath away. I didn't know I could look as much at peace as possible. Benedict drew me in such a different light, that it was hard for me to not keep him out of my thoughts and especially, feel my feelings for him grow stronger.

-Now-

As I came up to the Bridgerton estate on Monet, a gift from Thomas, I could see there were not many suitors lining up at the door, it's mostly scarce.

That's odd, Daphne is quite a lovely choice to be someone's wife.

I see one of the footmen approach me and take hold of Monet's reins as I dismounted from the saddle and fix the skirt of my dress before I headed inside. As I walked up the stairs, I moved past two disgruntled suitors muttering about how Anthony was being overbearing and how it would be better if he wasn't there the whole time. Being the kind family friend that I am, I didn't second guess to tell the so-called gentlemen, "If you had the responsibility and the many siblings Viscount Bridgerton has to care for, you would do the same. But you've never been in his shoes, so thus, you shall do your best to keep your mouths shut about his intentions until you do." before ending it with a sarcastic smile and saying, "Have a good evening gentlemen." making them look dumbfounded about a lady of the Ton putting them in their place.

I made my way into the drawing room to see all the family doing their own things, minus Benedict. My presence wasn't a secret no longer as I heard Gregory say, "Y/N!" and saw him run up to me with Hyacinth in tow to hug me.