3

-Y/N's POV-

Monet snorted as he slowed his trot and I looked around at my surroundings, quite a few men and ladies of the night promenading through the streets. As Monet and I passed one of the dark alleys, a figure suddenly rushed up on Monet, causing him to get spooked and bucking me off before running off to the estate.

"What is your prom-" I started to say as I looked up to see who scared him off to see Nigel Berbrooke, "Berbrooke."

Nigel's lips started to pull back to show me those godawful teeth before he muttered, "Glad to see you in the place where you belong."

"What? In the mud?" I said as I flicked the mud off my hands and tried to get up before I felt a kick to my ribs that took my breath away.

"That's for ruining my chances with the Bridgerton family," Nigel responds as he lands more punches and kicks to my body before he decides I have had enough and walks away.

I took my time getting off the ground because, with every move, pain ensued and screamed in every inch of my body. After I got my bearings, I held a hand on my ribs before walking, or limping, towards the estate. After what felt like an hour of getting there, I opened the door and headed to the dining room.

"Y/N! Oh my darling, what happened to you?" Mama said as she, Papa, and Thomas rushed towards me before I collapsed in Thomas' arms.

"Get the doctor!" Papa shouted as he followed the maids to grab some towels.

"Who did this to you, little sister?" Thomas whispered as I winced and mumbled, "Nigel Berbrooke, he rushed Monet from a dark alley and caused him to buck me into the mud."

"I'm going to kill him with my bare hands," I heard Thomas mutter under his breath before I felt my eyes grow heavy.

-Benedict's POV-

I thought it was going to be another normal day at White's until I glanced over from my seat to see Thomas barrelling towards Nigel, with a very pissed look on his face, causing me to jump up and rush over to hold him back.

"Benedict, let me at him," Thomas grits through his teeth as he glares at me with such rage evident in his eyes that you'd wish looks couldn't kill, "That bastard needs to learn who he's messing with the next time he decides to degrade my little sister again."

I grab a hold of his shoulder to move him to where we could talk in private before showing him my bruised knuckles, "Who do you think she was hanging around yesterday?" Thomas looked at me in shock and whispered, "Y-you? You're the one who delivered the blow?"

"I thought she told you all the details after she arrived back home last night," I whispered back as Thomas shook his head before saying, "As soon as she stepped into the dining room, she broke down crying and started to tell me about what Nigel said to her. There's another thing, and you're not going to be pleased."

"What else happened?" I respond, fearing that what I'm about to hear is going to cause me to do something that is out of my nature.

"She was attacked on her way home. He was waiting for her in a dark alley and he rushed up on Monet, causing him to buck her off into the mud and rush off home. He then started to kick and beat her while she laid there-" Thomas says before I cut him off by making haste towards Nigel and grab him by the collar to shout, "Do you want me to give you another shiner to match the other one Berbrooke?!"

"Get off me Bridgerton!" Nigel yells back as he tries to release my grip off his shirt, but oh boy, I'm not budging one bit while the other men in attendance are trying to pull me back.