Chapter 4 - ...

I looked at her with my anger brimming to the surface but my gaze softened the minute she met my eyes.

They were not Princess Svannah's. They were more mature and strong. They had this aura that seemed to lure me in.

I forced myself to look away before it became too apparent that I was entranced with her.

    "My apologies."I said to Father.

That was enough for everyone for the meantime.

    "You may speak." Father said to the Commander.

    "Thank you, Your Highness. We caught this rogue wandering about within the palace. She was found near your Chambers sire. We are unsure how she was able to pass through our defense. We apologize for our carelessness." He said with a bow.

I did not pay much attention to his words and I did everything within my power not to look at her.

    "Which pack do you belong to, rogue? Wandering Foes?" Father asked her.

    "I would rather die than belong to a pack of castaways."

Her voice came out soft and defiant but it sounded sweet to my ears. I could not resist not looking at her anymore.

My heart filled with fear for herself when I saw that her eyes met with Father's.

    "Which pack sent you then?"

She said nothing and lowered her gaze.

    "Tell me why you are here and I will show you mercy."

I felt like an eternity passed before she finally
spoke.

    "Mercy?" She scoffed.

Father laughed heartily and I tensed in my seat.

    "Very well. Son, what is your judgment towards her?"

I slowly looked at my Father. He was eager to hear my answer. I glanced at my mate. She did not look at me. I folded my arms and leaned back.

    "Execution..."

I glanced at her. She made no reaction to my sentence.

Did she want to die?

    "...if found guilty." I continued.

    "She is a rogue son." Mother reminded me.

    "I know but our laws require an investigation before judgment is passed."

Father nodded in agreement but I knew that at heart he wanted her gone.

    "Lock her up. We will hear her case tomorrow." I ordered before Father changed his mind,

    "No, I am intrigued by her. I desire to know where she comes from here and now. If she refuses to speak, I will consider it disrespect to the throne and slay her this very night." Father said.

His words triggered me, but I managed to keep my emotions in check.

    "Yes Father."

Beside me, I could feel Derrick's uneasy confusion from the way he tapped his foot unconsciously.

    "Where are you from Rogue?" Father asked her again.

My mate kept her head down. A moment barely passed before Father gave a signal to the men holding her.

I pretended not to care when one of the men grabbed a fist full of her hair and yanked her head up roughly.

The Commander drew his sword at her neck, purposely cutting her a little.