Chapter 5 - Introductions

"Speak of this to no one " I said to the guard before I walked into the dungeons.

I could not risk having Father hearing about my visit. Or anyone else for that matter.

As I neared her cell, I reminded myself to keep my composure in check.

    "Remain here till I call you Savi." I ordered.

    "Yes my Lord."

I took a curve and revealed myself to my mate. I expected her to be asleep or engaged in any other activity but what she was up to fueled my curiosity even more.

My mate stood on her toes as she tried to reach the only window of the cell. She had made it far enough to poke her hands through the bars. I could not tell what she was trying to do but I found it amusing.

She made a jump, perhaps to reach further, before letting out a hushed cry and falling to the ground.

The strange urge to go in and swoop her into my arms nearly bent me to its will.

She held her sides and hissed on pain.

    "You will only hurt yourself, rogue." I said instead.

She did not appear startled. She turned around and leaned against the wall, allowing me to see her face fully.

Her features were simply the most attractive I had ever seen but I could not look at her too long. But I could not take my eyes off her.

    "I am already hurt my Lord."

Her snarky tone did not snap me out of my trance.

Her lips were full and mature with a natural pink shade. She did not have high cheekbones, rather they were soft giving her a delicate appearance. Her nose was not one to call attention to itself but it was perfect.

Together, her features blended into a masterpiece.

My mate.

I cleared my throat when I realized I had stared too long.

    "I assumed you would show your gratitude. Have you no manners?" I said.

She scoffed.

    "You condemned me yet you stand here begging for words of acknowledgement. Have you learnt nothing from your lessons, Crown Prince?"

I knew Savi held back a snicker at her words. I could feel it.

    "I would watch my tongue if I were you. Your life is in my hands." I warned her.

    "My apologies, my Lord. Thank you for your mercy." She said sarcastically with a bow.

She winced from her movements.

    "How badly are you injured?" I asked her

    "You do not care. You just want my head."

My mate lowered herself carefully to the ground and rested her head on a rock.

I wished she would rest her head on my shoulder instead.

    "What is your name rogue?"

She did not answer my question for so long I feared she was dying.

    "Why are you here, my Lord?"

    "Tell me your name."

She said nothing.

The gap of silence made me realize her behavior. She acted like a rogue; a rogue who could not care less about who I was.

Was she not aware of the bond that existed between us?