Chapter 24: A Tale As Old As Time

After the intense battles of the tournament, peace finally returned to Earth, bringing with it a sense of relief and tranquility. The fighters, weary yet content, returned to their homes, eager to spend time with their loved ones and enjoy some well-deserved rest.

At Capsule Corporation, Bulma busied herself in her lab, tinkering away on her latest invention. Kakarot and Turles sparred with Gohan and Goten in the backyard, their laughter mingling with the sound of clashing fists.

Over at Kame House, Master Roshi sat contentedly on the porch, sipping tea and enjoying the serene view of the ocean. Nappa had recently found an interest in gardening and helped Ox King with it.

Meanwhile, Piccolo meditated in the peaceful solitude of the forest, his mind clear and tranquil as he communed with nature. Tien Shinhan trained in the mountains, honing his skills with unwavering focus and determination.

As evening approached, the fighters gathered at Capsule Corporation for a celebratory feast hosted by Bulma. The table was laden with an array of delicious dishes, and laughter filled the air as everyone shared stories of their adventures during the tournament.

Vegeta regaled the group with tales of his battles, his pride evident in every word. Turles recounted his epic clash with Jiren, his eyes lighting up with excitement as he relived the exhilarating moments of the fight.

A little while later, amid the jovial atmosphere, Turles sat quietly, his thoughts drifting as he reflected on the events of the tournament. Despite his solitary nature, he found himself drawn to the warmth and camaraderie of his fellow fighters, grateful for the bonds they had forged.

As they bid farewell to the night and returned to their homes, the fighters carried with them a sense of peace and contentment, knowing that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, as friends and allies. And as dawn broke over the horizon, heralding a new day filled with endless possibilities, they stood ready to embrace whatever the future may hold.

.

.

.

And as it always seems to happen, another problem has arisen once again. As they stepped into the Gravity Training Room at Capsule Corporation, the Saiyan warriors found themselves surrounded by the familiar hum of energy and the weighty pressure of intensified gravity. Turles, their enigmatic ally, stood at the center, his aura pulsating with power.

Vegeta, ever the eager challenger, wasted no time in addressing Turles about the formidable form he had unleashed during the tournament of power. "Tell us more about this Ultra Ego," he demanded, his tone a mixture of curiosity and determination.

Turles, his expression serious yet contemplative, began to unravel the secrets of his newfound strength. "Ultra Ego is a fusion of my Saiyan abilities with the power of Majin Buu," he explained, his voice steady and resolute. "It allows me to tap into immense power and regenerate from injuries at an accelerated rate."

Raditz, intrigued by Turles' revelation, chimed in with his own observations. "You were like a Saiyan version of Buu, all pink and regenerating like crazy," he remarked, his eyes alight with curiosity.

Turles nodded in agreement, acknowledging the drawbacks of his newfound power. "It comes at a cost, though. The strain on my body is immense, and I still need to master full control over it," he admitted a hint of determination in his voice.

Vegeta, ever the proud warrior, couldn't resist the urge to challenge Turles. "I may not understand how you attained these abilities, but mark my words, Turles. I will surpass you in my own way," he declared, his gaze unwavering.

Before they could delve further into their training, they were interrupted by Bulma's urgent summons. As they emerged from the Gravity Training Room, they were met with the sight of a mysterious gang searching them.

Turles wasted no time in taking action, rallying the Saiyans with a determined command. "Hand on me," he instructed, his voice firm. With a swift motion, he activated Instant Transmission, transporting them to the scene of the disturbance.

As they arrived, they were met with the sight of the gang's leader, Merus, who seemed to recognize them. But before any explanations could be made, Kakarot launched into action, attacking the kidnappers with his characteristic impulsiveness.

Merus, realizing the situation was escalating, used his stun gun to incapacitate them all, explaining that they needed their assistance in a dire situation involving the escape of a dangerous criminal from the Galactic Prison. At the heart of their mission lay the Grand Supreme Kai, whose powers were needed to restore order to the galaxy.

Grand Kaioshin smiled, "Bring them in, it seems we have some explaining to do. Trust me when I say, these are some very interesting and powerful mortals."

As the Saiyans gradually regained consciousness aboard the Galactic Patrol ship, their confusion was palpable in the air. Nappa's gruff voice broke the silence first, his brow furrowed in confusion. "What the hell's happening here?"

Vegeta, ever vigilant, scanned their surroundings with a sharp gaze, recognizing the figure of the Grand Supreme Kai. "It's the Grand Supreme Kai," he muttered, his tone tinged with a mix of awe and apprehension.

Kakarot, his curiosity piqued, voiced the question that lingered on all their minds. "Could someone please explain what's going on?"

The Grand Supreme Kai, his presence commanding yet serene, stepped forward to address the Saiyans' inquiries. "Allow me to shed light on the current situation," he offered, his voice resonating with authority.

With rapt attention, the Saiyans listened as the Grand Supreme Kai recounted the ancient tale of the Kai's fateful encounter with the malevolent Moro.

"Ten million years ago," the Grand Supreme Kai began, his voice carrying the weight of centuries of history, "I and my fellow Supreme Kais engaged in a desperate battle against Moro, a being of unfathomable power."

He described how Moro, with his insatiable appetite for destruction, unleashed his dark abilities upon the cosmos, ravaging countless worlds with impunity. The Galactic Police, powerless to stop him, bore witness to the devastation from afar, acknowledging the Supreme Kais as the only hope for salvation.

With grim determination, the Grand Supreme Kai recounted how he made the ultimate sacrifice, channeling all his divine power into a forbidden technique, the Kai Kai Matoru, to seal away Moro's malevolent magic.

"It was a technique of immense danger," the Grand Supreme Kai explained solemnly, "one that I created but never dared to pass on due to its perilous nature."

The Saiyans listened intently, absorbing the gravity of the Grand Supreme Kai's tale. They now understood the magnitude of the threat they faced and the pivotal role they would play in confronting it.

As the echoes of the ancient legend faded into the silence of the ship, the Saiyans braced themselves for the challenges that lay ahead, their resolve steeled by the weight of history and the knowledge of their destiny.