Danielle - Beach

After restless days of work and exhaustion your close friend Danielle suggested you both go to the beach - just to relax, enjoy the view and each other's presence. 

I packed my bags the night before so I was prepared and just waiting for Dani to come and pick me up. 

I was wearing blue denim shorts, a blue flowery top and some cute slippers. 

Soon after I was beginning to get impatient, I heard a car roll up into my drive.

Looking through the curtains, I met eyes with Dani who always had a bright smile that could make all of your bad thoughts go away in an instant. 

I quickly grabbed my bags and headed towards the car.

"I'll take the bags for you madame! This weekend is for you - so just relax!!" She exclaimed, whilst grabbing my bags and opening the door for me. 

We began our road trip to the beach that was about 2 hours away.

We listened to some music and had some fun conversations and after what felt like an instant we were at the beach. 

It was mostly empty but the atmosphere was warm and inviting. 

We carefully took our food basket down together where I almost fell over, causing Dani to laugh at me the whole way down. 

Once we set up, we decided to change into our swimsuits and we ran into the sea.

The sensation was perfect - the water was cool and we pretty much had the whole beach to ourselves. 

After about an hour of swimming we went back to our spot and began to eat.

"It's so pretty here Dani, thanks for taking me!!" I said whilst smiling. 

"Anything for you. It's just that you seemed so busy and tired recently - it was heartbreaking. " She answered, softly placing strands of hair behind my ear. 

It made me feel so warm inside whenever we were together. It was just the way she was so caring and noticed the smallest of things. 

The sun began to set as our hair dried. 

I played some music on our speakers as Dani rested her head on my shoulder. 

Our fingers naturally intertwined and we both sighed in happiness at the beautiful orange horizon before us. 

"I love you." I heard her say beneath me. 

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer. 

"I love you too."