Chapter 6: Role Model

Standing at the front was a boy, who was much younger than us. He had big eyes and a tiny nose, his hair was all messed up as if he woke up from bed. In his hand was a teddy bear, he was hugging it so tightly, as if it was going to run away from him.

"I'm Peter. My parents will pick me up soon." The boy says as he is now playing with the teddy's ears.

"No they won't. You're doomed in here buddy." Doctor Greg mutters under his breath as Olivia hears what he says and scoffs.

"B-but my parents-"

"Yeah no, I think we've heard enough." Doctor Greg says as he snatches the teddy bear out of his hands and throws it across the cafeteria.

"TEDDY!!!"

"Go catch the teddy bear and sit back down, Peter." Doctor Greg says as he moves on with what he's saying.

"Anyways... we've decided that teenagers like you deserve less food, as you are all ignorant and imbeciles, which is why you're here, of course." He continues as everyone else in the room gasps.

"QUIET. After the mass testing for your health reasons, we will give you a treat." He says as everyone now is cheering.

"SILENCE. This is IF you behave. Fail to behave, go to the grave." He says. What is it with everyone using lines that rhyme lately?? First Olivia with her complying or dying and now this guy.

"Carry on eating." Nurse Evelyn says softly as she walks out of the room with Doctor Greg.

A few minutes later, a soft hand tapped me and Olivia on the shoulders. 

"Hey. Don't eat that. You dropped this." It was Doctor Bob. Again. This time he had two plates of spaghetti and meatballs in his hand and handed it to us with a smile.

"My wife made it for everyone." He says as Olivia is devouring the spaghetti.

"Give us her recipe... these meatballs are amazing!" Olivia says with her mouthful.

"When you leave the asylum, I promise... very soon." Doctor Bob mutters. Very soon? That would make me happy. If only...

2PM

The hallway had everyone covering their noses as a harsh stench was disspiating througheach and every hall. The smell was suffocating.

2:40PM

We were back in the rooms by now and were with Nurse Charlie, who was helping us with some things along with tutoring us with some math. 

"So, Olivia, I got in touch with your parents. They miss you dearly. When will you start writing to them?" She asks after closing the textbooks.

"Really? I thought they were going to come here to get me, so I didn't plan on writing to them." Olivia states, removing a strand of hair from her face.

"They can't come at the moment."

"Why?"

"They have some business to take care of which will take quite long. They will come, just not now." Nurse Charlie says, removing the equipment from the ground and placing it on the hospital beds. As I see Olivia pouting and looking upset, I give her a half-hug.

"At least they're coming. Unlike my parents." I say, as Olivia looks at me disappointed.

"Don't say that. Yours will come around. I promise." She says, wiping a tear I didn't know roll down my cheek.

"Anyways, girls. I've got some good news." Nurse Charlie says as we both look at her in unison.

"So, I think they'll have to delay the mass brainwashing." She simply states. Olivia and I look at her confused. Why was she so straightforward about a thing like this?