25

Would be great if you guys could comment and vote for all the chapters as it encourages me to update faster! Feel free to voice your opinions and thoughts as constructive criticism is appreciated here:) Happy reading!
Thank youuu<3
🥹🫶🏼
.
.
.
.

The family had been staying over in their farm house for over a week now and Abhi since that day had kept taking Leher out for walks after dinner.

Though Leher still felt they were awkward, the comfort level between them grew.

He turned into a new person in front of her "I saw it," Abhi told Leher, confusing her.

"Saw what?" She questioned him.

"I saw that you were reading that wall," Abhi looked down at the ground as they walked in the darkness.

"Oh, yeah that. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Why are you sorry? This is your house too." He interrupted her before she could say anything else.

She nodded her head as an understanding and walked quietly until a question popped in her head.

"Then why are we talking about the wall now?"

"Vo...you saw Aakriti's name on the wall," he said trying to make it sound less awkward.

"I did," a small whisper was her response.

"That was five years ago, when we came here together,"

"You don't have to explain, Abhi. I understand." She tired her best to sound calm but deep down she wanted to ask him for all the answers.

"You're my wife, you will know everything about me whether you like it or not," his serious tone surprised her a little but she smiled a little at his behaviour.

"Pucho," he said walking a little closer to her.

"Kya," she frowned.

"Jo bhi puchna hein," he looked up at the sky to make it less obvious that he was smiling.

"Kyu puchu mein?" Still confused, she furrowed her eyebrows.

"I know you want to know a lot of things, after reading the wall. Ask me whatever you want to ask," he looked at her directly now, making her look away immediately.

"Kuch zyada confident nahi hein aap?" She teased him.

"Mujhe sab pata hein," he smirked with a proud expression and looked at the road.

"Kitne saal hogaye yahaan aaye?" She initiated a questioned while Abhi smiled at her finally giving in.

"Almost three years," he sighed.

"Hmm,"

"Ever since Aakriti left, I didn't want you to go to any place where Aakriti and I went. It just bought back those memories," he confessed while looking at Leher but she was looking straight at the road, avoiding eye contact.

"So you're not comfortable being here now?" She tried her best to not breakdown while asking him that question.

"It's been 3 years and this is the first time I've got the guts to come here. I'm here to make memories with my family but not to rethink the moments in my past,"

He knew she needed assurance and he tried his best to give her that.

She nodded her head as tears formed in her eyes. They were tears of frustration.

She wanted to ask him every question about his past but was afraid to look like she's insecure.

Five minutes were spent in silence till Abhi got suspicious of her behaviour.

"Leher," he held her hand to stop her from walking any further.

"What happened?" She asked but didn't look into his eyes.

"Look at me," he said while pulling her closer.

The tears in her eyes slowly started to roll down her cheeks.

"Look at me, please," he softly whispered and held her chin up.

His eyes softened after seeing the tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, did I say something? I'm so sorry-"

"No, you didn't say anything. I'm sorry, I look like a fool for crying,"

"There's nothing wrong with crying, Leher. It's normal, okay?" He said with his hand still on her chin and her body still close to his.

"Can I know why you're crying?" He asked her as soft as possible.

"I'll sound like a fool," she said while still crying.

"I don't care, baba" he assured her.

"Were you forced to mend our relationship?" She finally got the courage to ask him.

"What makes you think that way?" Though he was hurt by her question she needed the answer.

"I don't know, it feels new and weird," she stepped back from him but he was quick enough to pull her closer.

"I was never forced to mend our marriage, Leher. No one can force me to do something that I was already trying to do. Since the day I went on the trip, I realised how much I hurt you, and drained you out. I wanted to be the perfect husband for you but I failed miserably. My past hurt you too because of me. I'm sorry for all the things that I did in the past, Leher."

Every word that were said by Abhi came from the bottom of his heart. He was genuine with his words but Leher was still hesitant.

"Am I a burden to you?" She looked up at him with glossy eyes, hoping he'd reply positively.

"Never. I know I made you feel that way and I'm ready to own up to it and earn your forgiveness," he kept his palm on her cheek, trying to make her understand.

Though Leher's eyes lit up with hope, she somewhere still felt different.

"Will you try to love me?"

"I've already started it and it will never stop. Even if you beg me to, you're stuck with me." He chuckled at her silly question and caressed her cheeks.

A small crack of smile left her lips making him smile too.

"I'm not going to try anymore, I want you to win me. I'm sick and tired of trying. Please." Her eyes had the most painful look making Abhi realise once again how much he made her wait and cry.

"I promise you that I'll win you no matter what and you won't have to even try for a single second. Trust me this time and open your heart for me?" His eyes had all the emotions Leher wanted to see in him.

Still not getting a response, Abhi tried to persuade her. "Please?" He tried his best to make puppy eyes but failed miserably.

"Oh my god," Leher laughed out loud at him, satisfying Abhi.

"You should smile often, you look beautiful." He slipped out those words while looking at her with a new unknown emotion.

"You once made it vanish, Abhi," she sadly smiled and looked down at the ground while still being close to him.

"I'm sorry," he whispered and pulled her as close as possible.

"I will never let you down, Leher. I'll forever be there for you and protect you from yourself too," he whispered those words in Leher's ear making her smile and tear up at the same time.

"I wont forgive you that easily, just know that," she said seriously making him nod his head.

"I know and I will earn your trust and forgiveness," he answered confidently making her sigh and nod her head.

He caged her in his arms and made her rest her head on his chest.

"Mi vida, meri jaanam" he thought to himself and smiled looking at her in his arms.