The General: 27

Brock Cortes POV:

I give Galla a merciless, messy buss, for that is all I can find in myself at the moment. She seems to find understanding in that astonishing soul of hers, for those dainty hands come up to grip the hacked ends of my hair as she emits a guttural moan I devour as though she is the divine.

I am an honest man, and I do believe she is the only divine I shall ever want or need.

"What does it mean, you want more for us?" Galla breathes heavily, attempting to catch her breath after the ruthless kiss I had silenced her with.

"It means I want to be with you, no matter where that may take us. Past the mountains, beneath the sea, in this grove, I do not care as long as I am the only man who holds your gaze forevermore. I want everything with you, and I am willing to give my everything for it. Hell, I have given my everything for it. I renounced my profession, I disguised myself to make it out so no one could recognize me, I came for you. I will come for you, every single time. I know you love me, and I love you. It is more than I could ever wish for from an angel such as yourself, but selfishness will overtake me every time when it comes to my constant craving of you. Your skin, your lips, your body, I will venerate and worship it all with every fiber in my being. Come with me, darling. Come with me, far away where it is only the two of us and our hearts beating in sync for the rest of eternity." I beg, stroking her soft cheek with my thumb adoringly.

Galla's eyes flutter as her gaze widens up at me, tears welling and clinging to the thick eyelashes I love so much. I love every part of her, and I have quite the feeling that if she refuses my offer, it may break my very fractured heart.

"Where shall we go?"

The hope and light drenches my soul, making each doubt and fear inaudible as I kiss her in response. I know in my spirit that the only other way this liaison between us could end is if this beautiful woman broke the bond, because I know I can never break her heart in the end. No matter how arduous of a situation we may stumble upon, I am positive from the every corner of my being that I would select a moment with her compared to a lifetime without.

It is selfish, it is greedy, and it is stingy.

But I am hers, and hers only.

⚔️⚔️⚔️

"Only three meters more, my darling, we have almost made our arrival." I push the preposterous, sweaty hair out of my face as I grip her damp and plush fingers.

"Oh, Brock. I will need at least a three nights worth of showers subsequent to this expedition of trekking." Galla moans, her long hair sticking to her perspired backside.

"In all my humbleness, Galla, we have only hiked three kilometers, and I have carried our common luggage all the same." I deride, but not unkindly as she backhands me with a single titter.

We are clammy and moist all over, and my thin shirt sticks to my skin like sap on a cherry blossom tree. I recommended we head to a nearby inn by the edge of the Northern Kingdom of Nymphs, as it greets you with fresh coverlets and a lovely banquet in the morning.

I sweep my hand ahead to push some evergreen branches out of the way for my darling, and lead her ahead for the Lodestone Border Inn. Lodestone must be the name of the sector we have voyaged to.

"After you," I open the large gateways to escort her in, and she gives me a brilliantly warm beam.

We enter the hotel, and I turn to her as we find the front desk line.

"Is it alright if we purchase a single bedded room? I should like to save some Genites because I have no occupation, and the amount I have saved should last me until we settle to a village long enough to find a new one." I tilt my head.

"Of course. I can search for one as well; it does not have to be the man employed in our relationship." She smiles, slinging her newly braided hair over her shoulder.

"Oh, but I would like to find work. I am a person who cannot stay still for long without puttering about, so this shall be a wonderful new experience for myself." I nod, moving her slick hair from the front of her face before adding to my statement. "And you are free to do so as well after so many decades of hard work."

"I am only twenty!" Galla pouts, stamping one foot to the ground in mock enragement.

"Of course, my darling. And you have exerted and labored yourself to quite an extent, so if a break is what you should like, so be it. And it is also fated if you should like to encounter new passions and hobbies in your life which you could turn into a profession should you prefer. Whatever your word states shall go, my darling." I nod, and she relaxes herself before ambling up onto her toes for purposes of bestowing my cheek with a doting and appreciative peck.

I make my payments to the front desk and we meander up to our room with the key fob. I click it open to find a rather small room, about ten feet both ways, with a double bed in the corner. The low gable roofing makes me have to hunker down, only a touch, but Galla progresses over the rickety floorboards with ease. I lay her duffel bag and my rucksack by the side of the bed, and withdraw fresh clothing from the additional satchel.

"Here you are, Galla. Bathe yourself at ease, for there is no woods for you to tend to anymore, and you may linger and dawdle to please yourself. Take a long wash, until your pores are radiating in your own contentment. I shall take a hasty shower down at the public lavatories they allow you, and return before you arise from your comfort in order to prepare the sleeping circumstances." I add on, "I shall keep my hands to myself, rest assured."

And as I begin to head out of the room, I hear something peculiar come from my little nymph.

"You really do not have to feel obliged to."