Chapter 69

Raghav's Pov

When I stopped speaking I saw Divya eyes, she seem to hold in a lot, like she was to say a lot but couldn't decide where to start  now she, who was looking constantly at me turned her eyes away and walked forward a little without saying anything...I stood up.
And she stood a little away from me, her back faced me.
For a very long time she didn't speak anything, and she spoke then "Rhagav I don't-"
"I LOVE YOU DIVYA,I Really do..I love you.." I said...and she immediately turned.
Shocked, that was expression imprinted on her face, I spoke further "I know I took a long time to decide, my heart it couldn't decide to love again." I took a pause and looked at Divya her own eyes glister with emotions.

Under the starlit, windy night, with the rustling leaves whispering in the background, I  stood before her, my eyes held mixture of sorrow and hope. "I love you," I  began again, i didn't realise but my voice tremble with the weight of my mistake. "I know I messed up, and I'm sorry for the pain I've caused. But tonight, under these stars, I want to ask you to come back to my home and into my life. I need you by my side, more than ever. Please, let's start a new." The wind blew as if it carried my words, blending my sadness with a glimmer of happiness in it.

  The area illuminated from the moon and the distant stars  Divya's anger simmering like a pot left unattended on the stove I can feel that my heart etched with regret.
"I messed up,right?? But is it too late to ask for sorry now" I  asked again, my voice barely audible over the wind. "I know I hurt you, and I'm so sorry."

I saw her fist clenched, her nails digging into her palms. She turned to me and for the first time after so long she spoke "Sorry?" she spat out. "Sorry doesn't erase what you did."

She took a step closer, "I never meant to hurt you," I  whispered. "I was foolish, i didn't want risk my heart again."

"Risk your Heart Rhagav?! Instead of pushing me away you could have atleast let me be your friend,  i know its very difficult to trust anyone again after what you have went through, but weren't you doing the same thing with me that Shirsha did to you. Tomorrow again something will happen and you will again change!! Who knows?!" she scoffed.

I winced, as if her words were physical blows, I felt it straight in my heart, I did hurt her a lot and I deserve this "I love you," I  said again, desperation was in my eyes. "I've always loved you, my heart did, it knows, but it was my mind who refused to believe it.I was weak, that i listened to my mind over my heart, i was so blinded by my teenage infatuation that i did see that my heart already loves someone else, and I made a terrible mistake."

Divya walked up to me, her anger propelling her forward. "Love?" she hissed. "Love doesn't lie. You need a heart to Love and that heart needs courage to love,  Love doesn't break promises. What about the promises that you made last time, that you will never leave me alone. And you broke it!"

I reached out, but she stepped back, her back touched the right door of the car. "Please." I said, "give me a chance to make things right.".

"Right?"she said, her voice trembling. "How can you make things right? How can you undo the hurt?"

I took another step, but and this time she didn't move away. I gathered my courage, my hand brushed against hers, and I felt the warmth of her touch. "I'll do anything," i said. "I'll prove to you that I've changed. That I'll never hurt you again."

She was looking into my eyes, searching for sincerity. The wind rattled through us as if urging her to listen. "Why now?" she asked. "Why after all this time?

I took a deep breath. "Because I realized that life without you is empty," I said. "I've been a fool, chasing after shadows. But you you're my light."

She spoke"And what about Shirsha?" she whispered.

My gaze never left her. I know she had many questions and i am ready to answer them all. I am going to answer them all. I would not let her feel a single ouch of hurt anymore. "She, it was past, a mistake. She has never loved me earlier, and neither does she loves me now. She wanted a fame and reptutation in school back than, and now she has came back again for the same but this time she is a criminal. We need to prove it this time " I said. "She was a moment in the past But you-you're my present, future, forever and a little more after that."

The stars outside seemed to twinkle in approval. The wind softened, as if granting us a moment of respite. She looked at me, this time really looked at me,
"I love you," i said again , my voice breaking. "I've never said it before, but I mean it, With every fiber of my being."

She took a step closer,  "And what if I can't forgive you?" she asked. I knew this was coming.
I took her hand in mine, she didn't resist, "Then I'll spend the rest of my life trying," i said. "Because you-you're worth it."

Sometimes, love is worth the fight.

______________________________________
Happy reading..
That's all for this chapter I hope you enjoyed reading.
I will need in the next one until then...

Bye bye
Take care
-pritihearts 💞💞
Love love ❤️