Chapter 108 The third ever-burning lamp

Cui Muli didn't pay attention at first. It's normal for drunk people to talk nonsense, but he unexpectedly asked: "Why do you want to break up with me?"

Xie Miao said without thinking, "Because you love someone else and I'm annoying you. As a couple, we should make peace with each other."

The pavilion is very quiet, so quiet that you can hear a pin drop.

Cui Muli looked at her intently.

Compared with the intimacy that concealed sadness when facing "Xie Hean", Xie Miao was completely emotionless at this moment. From her eyes to her posture, she was mature and restrained, so undisturbed that it was close to apathetic.

She seemed to have changed into a different person. No longer a sixteen-year-old girl, but like...

Cui Muli had a lot of thoughts in his mind, and he didn't know what he thought of. His face suddenly darkened, "A-Miao, which year is this year of Qingyuan?"

Xie Miao frowned. She was confused for a moment, and then replied firmly: "The fifteenth year of Qingyuan."

It is clearly the sixth year of Qingyuan.

The fifteenth year of Qingyuan is still nine years away, but if it is counted from last year, it will be ten years.

Ten years.

When he asked A-Miao how he could forget as completely as she did, she said just live ten more years.

Not another, but to live another.

In September last year, her temperament changed drastically after she came back from her fall at Qingxin Temple. She was able to predict the future, she knew the trusted aides around him inside out, and she can destroy years of accumulated emotions towards him in just a few days——

No, it's not a few days at all. As she said, it's ten years. A whole ten years!

In an instant, the many mysteries that had troubled him for a long time were all solved - there has never been a so-called prophet. A-Miao can know the future because she lived for ten more years, from the fifth year of Qingyuan to the fifteenth year of Qingyuan.

The disaster of the refugees, the silver disaster in the Honghe River Valley, the hiding of silver in Zhou Sihui's courtyard, and Marquis Dingyuan accused of treason by his trusted aide - these incidents are all things that A-Miao had personally experienced.

So according to what she said...

Cui Muli lost his composure and pressed her shoulder again, "A-Miao, when did you and I get married?"

Xie Miao pushed him away with all her strength, "Can Prime Minister Cui not even remember this when he is already 30 years old? You and I were married in the seventh year of Qingyuan, and it has been eight years now."

Prime Minister Cui.

Cui Muli tried hard to control his emotions and asked again: "You and I have been married for seven years so we must have both sons and daughters. Why do you insist on separation?"

"Both sons and daughters?" Xie Miao seemed to have heard a big joke and laughed sarcastically: "Could Prime Minister Cui still be dreaming? I told you a long time ago that I can't give birth to children. If you want to have children, just go find other people."

Cui Muli was shocked and confused.

What happened to him and A-Miao during those ten years that he didn't know? How could it be—how could it be—

He couldn't help the sadness in his heart anymore and hugged her tightly, "A-Miao, I long for you. In this life, you are the only one. Only you."

He kept repeating it, trying to melt the stone heart of the person in his arms. But she turned a deaf ear and called out another name.