Chapter 14

PART 66: FIVE MINUTES

-Tan Ying's POV

"Right, so what do we do now?" Xinnan enquired.

"We have four minutes and a half to discuss." I answered accurately.

"What's there to discuss? Might as well stick your head in the freezer before it explodes," Jing Yi, unsure of what to say in this frantic state.

YiChen cleared her throat noisily and screamed, "RUN! Every powerer for himself!" She leapt out of the couch but Jing Yi yanked her arm and dragged her back. Jing Yi demanded me to teleport us out of the bunker and asked YiChen to build a bomb shelter for this part of Placora.

"Calm down, we still have three minutes..."
"Better prepared than not!"

"But you were still exaggerating."

"Well, fine. It's a DRILL!"

"But I don't see any holes. Where is the drill and where are the drilled holes?"  

-YiChen's POV

*facepalm* Literally? Is he awake or not? Tan Ying, the INTELLIGENT?

-Tan Ying's POV

"Drill has the definition of 'practice'!"

"Stop arguing, one minute left!"

"Is there anything wrong with your watch, how can our argument be 2 minutes long?"

"Looks like there is..."  

PART 67: SPEED UP?

-Tan Ying's POV

Once we were inside the bomb shelter, I said calmly, "Now, we need a plan, something tells me that they are going to leave us alone." I was interrupted by a series of deafening banging noises that appears to be gun shots.

"Hasn't even been one minute yet! What...?"

"I have derived at this conclusion: This is abnormal," Xinnan said.

"But everything is abnormal!" I reminded. "Right..."

"Here." Jing Yi gave each of us a Watch Of Mechanics XXVI. An obvious observation was that the second watch was not working at all. "Ok, let me give you another one," she enthusiastically replied and used her power to picture out another Watch for us.

"Is this all necessary-"YiChen was interrupted by a series of deafening noises that appeared to be gun shots.

"Oh no."

"Twent... Ninete... Eighte... Sevent... " the watch 'said'. It had only been one second - the watch had said that with words overlapping with each other.

"This is the last time this is happening..." I sang in the tune of The Last Time.

"It's been quite a while since we had a Swifty Song..." YiChen mumbled. Suddenly the pendant on me rang. Everyone now had a pendant thanks to Jing Yi. 

-Jing Yi's POV

It vibrated before saying "TANNY DESCEND". It obviously did not finish his or her sentence. "Breaking the words into bits and pieces, Tanny means me. Descend, if it was incomplete, could only mean descendant." Tan Ying explained.

"Or descended," Xinnan added.

"Subject-verb agreement, Xinnan. Tanny descended wouldn't make sense."