Chapter Twenty

To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.
- George MacDonald

Claire Bishop

One week and five days left before the big day.

Everything had been planning well. Mom and Helen took over the arrangements. I was just going to choose the dress and wear it. It was a good thing because I had no idea how I would choose the flowers, cake, buffets. I bet I'd be bored throughout the appointments.

And Tyler would be choosing the rings. Luke, my handsome nephew would be the ring bearer and my little Ariel, Lydia would be the flower girl.

Everything was going perfect.

Since the night I went to Tyler's house, we had been getting closer than we thought we would. He would always find the way to kiss me and I would let him.

It felt so unreal. A guy I met two months ago, meant so much to me, just like his little daughter did. They meant a lot and I couldn't possibly envision my life without them now.

Finally I found something. I could see my life going somewhere, somewhere beautiful and I wouldn't change anything.

Nothing could ruin my mood for today.

Feeling happy, I walked out of my bedroom to join the ladies who were on my living room. Mom and Helen sat together, discussing something over a catalog of flowers. Chloe was sitting with Luke and Lydia, talking with them.

When I joined the group, we decided to head out for shopping.

Mom and Helen went in a car that Helen brought, and Chloe, Lydia, Luke and me strapped in one with Liam the bodyguard, who took the driver seat.

We reached the shop without any traffic and within 40 minutes of being in there, I realised choosing a dress was a lot harder than I first thought. There were tons of white wedding dresses and every one of them was beautiful.

While browsing through many dresses, I found a strapless lacy dress and a scene of yesterday's breakfast time flashed before me.

As usual he was on his way to the office when he dropped in to check on me and I served him breakfast. I was plating the foods on the table when I felt him behind me, siding my wavy hairs to side, baring my neck to him.

I could remember my heart thumping louder, my body shuddering as his lips touched where my neck and shoulder met. I tried to pull back the T shirt over my shoulder, which he dropped to reveal my shoulder. I remembered his exact words when he stopped me from pulling the T shirt back in place.

"Don't hide from me." He whispered against my skin, sending shivers all over my body. "I like kissing you here."

And I gasped coming back to the present, doing the exact same thing when he whispered those words to me. I looked around me, hoping no one heard me nor saw the reddening cheeks of mine.

When I found my group of ladies on the other side, I sighed in relief and pulled out the beautiful dress I was looking at before thoughts of my strikingly attractive fiancé bombarded me. With a secret smile, I turned to the saleswoman and called her.

The dress was way long for me to take it to the ladies and show it. The saleswoman who was taller than me, took it from me and we headed to the other side. At once, all the ladies including little Lydia gasped at the sight of the dress.

"I found the dress." I announced, gesturing to the dress, held up by the saleswoman for them to look at it properly. I could see the appreciation in their eyes and I could guess why they liked it. The embroideries on the dress were beautiful and the whole dress was covered in them. It had a long trail.