Chapter Twenty-One

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.
- Alexander Graham Bell

Tyler Sanders

What the hell was that?

The ominous question ran in my head, in circles for ten minutes since Claire walked out the room.

How could I let the situation get out of my hands?

I was supposed to be cool and calm. Never let emotions get to the head, but even, tough men failed to follow through.

Remorse shuddered through my body as I recalled what I asked her. I insulted her, judged her character, but I couldn't ignore the fact she was just a woman I knew for two months only.

Those who had been with me for a year even, failed to capture my trust, then how could I just give it to her? What was so special about her anyway?

At once, the image of Claire Bishop floated before my eyes. Her hair bouncy and chocolaty felt like silks upon rubbing them between my fingers, the mixed scent of her soap, shampoo and perfume always followed her, captivated me to just close my eyes and inhale.

When she lends down, her hair would always caress her nose, making her scrunch it up and blow it away. She never had her hair tied. Only once or twice, had I seen her hair tied. It always cascaded around her head and shoulders.

Then there were her plump lips that taste like ambrosia. Even thinking of her lips had a reaction from me. Her tanned freckle-filled skin never failed to tone down my attraction. It showed she was always the outgoing type. Totally opposite of me.

There were only a handful of times when I would get out. Other than business meetings at restaurants or parties related to my parents or my business. Maybe twice, I had gone out with Lydia, but that too had been for a short amount of time.

And even at that outing, women would get in my way. It was not like they weren't beautiful because they were. If I wanted, I could had called the number from when, a young woman slipped it in my pocket while I was waiting for Lydia to choose her iPad. I could had but never did it, because women were the most vile, manipulated beings.

If you showered them with a little bit of attention, they would throw their hook on us and bid us to do anything.

Though knowing Claire for two whole months, changed my view of women. It wasn't like all of a sudden, I started thinking women were saints. No, even Claire couldn't remove my whole view of women that had been building for six years, but she was changing it bit by bit.

Claire was a complex character for me. It was hard to determine what was in her head or what passes over her face. I had always been good at reading people, but when it came to Claire, I was back to kindergarten where I would just stare at people's face and never hear what they say.

Even though Claire was a puzzle for me from inside, she was a sight from outside.

Being celibate for four months was having a toll on me. I couldn't be in the same room as Claire without wanting to touch her smooth skin or kiss those juicy lips.

I remembered how nervous she was when she entered the room and it never failed to attract me. Her nervous demeanour always brought forth my instinct to show her another reason to be nervous. Reason that would've had us both laying on the love seat I was on at the moment and our clothes scattered on the floor.

The scene had me gritting my teeth and grip the seat on the other side of my legs, to stop me from finding that short brunette and rip her clothes apart to take her right then and there.