Chapter Twenty-Nine

It takes more than just giving birth, to be a mother.
-Unknown 

Claire Sanders

It had been an week since we came back from our vacation and nothing out of the ordinary happened but it didn't make the husband less paranoid.

Instead, he was worrying himself to death with every move I made. He stayed home more and accompanied me every time I stepped out of the house.

And today morning it got worse, resulting Lydia in tears.

This whole week Tyler had been the one who dropped Lydia to her school and picked her up. He didn't even let her go anywhere but school. Not even her grandparents house.

Ellie, Lydia's friend from school had her birthday party today and Tyler refused to let her out of the house. When I tried to speak, he shouted at me but the next second, he apologised for it.

The whole waiting for something to happen was messing him up and his skittish behaviour was straining the sunny environment in the house.

But I had enough. No one made my daughter cry. Not even her father.

After an hour of scolding, shouting, reasoning and lastly innocent seduction, he finally agreed albeit reluctantly.

Somehow he found out Ellie's fathers phone number and spent exact 10 minutes talking to him. I didn't know what he had said but I was hoping it was anything except threatening. Then he decided he would be the one to drop Lydia and pick her up too. And then the duration of her stay in Ellie's house didn't sit well with the daughter.

Tyler had told her with a stern voice. "Two hours, Lydia. Just two hours then you're coming back home."

At that time, I was standing behind Tyler when she opened her mouth to argue but I waved my hand and gestured her to shut up.

If Lydia had said anything else, Tyler would had surely changed his mind.

When he came back from dropping her off, he started wearing holes on the floor by the way he was prancing. Finally I told him to just work in the study since working always calmed him down

Two hours went by quickly and when Tyler didn't run out of the study, I walked in to find him laying on the couch with eyes closed.

One week and Tyler had hardly slept. In the middle of the night, he would always wake up startled and start checking up securities around the house. I had tried many times to calm him down but he had always replied.

"You both mean the world to me. I wouldn't let anything or anyone take away my world."

For the first time in days, Tyler finally fell asleep on his own, his face stress free, so calm and peaceful that I didn't have the heart to wake him up so I took an impulsive decision to pick Lydia.

Knowing he wouldn't be happy about it, I still walked out of our safe house but Liam was with me. I wasn't stupid to go out without any kind of security plus I was sure nothing would happen, after all we had been home for a week and we all were fine.

Now we were back on our way home. Liam was driving and Lydia narrated everything that had happened at the party. Seeing the big smile on her face and the teddy bear in her lap, I already guessed she had an amazing time. She had a hotdog in her hand which was there because, at the last moment, she got hungry and just picked it up from the table.