Movie Date

Brandon's POV

I can't believe Michael agreed to this date. I also can't believe how he came onto me yesterday. I'm not sure what to think. He says he's straight, then he flirts with me. Maybe I'm like the first guy he's been attracted to. I'm honored.

I'll see how he really feels about the whole gay thing tonight. I'm going to do my famous first kiss. My friends know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, I've been with a number of guys. I'm young and gay and filled with energy. I was going to a different guy's house almost every night. All because of my first kiss on the first date. One of my kiss victims (haha) became my friend. He tells me that's what got him hooked.

I've never been in a serious relationship. Hopefully Michael won't be like the other one night stands.

Lilly will be watched by Martin. I had to convince Michael that Martin was a very good babysitter. He used to babysit me when I was younger. Yes..Martin was hired to be my driver when I was 7. I had a bike and I completely destroyed it.

Anyway, I'm standing outside the theater. Michael insisted we meet here. I don't know why, but I agreed to it anyway. I check my watch one last time as I wait impatiently. He's not even late. I'm too damn early!

I look to my right and see him walking my way. He smiles when he sees me. I smile back. When he reaches me, he says,

"Sorry, I'm late. The bus schedule threw me off. I've never been out this way."

I say, "You're not late at all. And why didn't you tell me you needed a ride? I could've given you one."

He shakes his head. "I'm use to public transportation. No biggie. "

I look him up and down and say,

"You look good."

He giggles and blushes. "Thanks, you look good too."

I blush. I notice he has sunglasses on. I ask, "What's with the shades?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "I felt like being mysterious. "

We laugh. I nod and say, "Okay. Whatever you say."

We walk in and I pay for the tickets. We get one large popcorn and one large drink. Michael barely stood next to me while we were in line. I didn't pay it no mind though. We finally make it to the theater.

Michael leads us all the way to the top in the corner. I giggle. We sit down, he's sitting next to the wall. I put the drink in the cup holder and put the popcorn in my lap.

The theater is still pretty lit. People are still coming in. Now might be the time to admit I'm afraid of scary movies. Like really terrified of them. It doesn't matter what it is about. I'm terrified of scary movies!

At least I have Michael's bicep to hold onto. He'll keep me safe. I look over at Michael and he has his head down. I lean over and ask,

"Are you okay?"

He nods. "Yeah, I thought I saw something. "

"How can you see anything wih those shades on?"

He giggles and says, "I can see plenty. "

A dark realization came over me. Is he afraid someone will recognize him? Is he afraid to be seen with me? I ask,

"Michael, are you ashamed of me?"

He says, "No. Why would you ask that?"

I shake my head and say, "No reason. "

I don't believe him. The lights went down and Michael took his shades off. I take a deep breath. No one has ever been ashamed of me before. I don't know how to react. Should I ignore him the rest of the night or should I just pretend I don't know?

My heart starts to race as I realize the movie is starting. I immediately grab Michael's arm. Well, I guess my fear decided the second choice. I whisper to Michael,

"I'm sorry. I guess I'm already scared."

He whispers back, "Do you want to leave?"

I say, "No."

He nods. He scoots closer to me let's me get a better grip on his bicep. I smile. He smiles at me then continues to watch the movie. I take a deep breath. You can do this Brandon. This movie can't be that scary.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

We walk out of the movie theater. It's dark out now. Well..... I ended up screaming at least ten times. And sometimes I screamed because I thought something was going to happen. I'm pretty sure I bruised Michael's bicep.

I think I started to cry once, but I don't want to think about. I still have a chance for the first kiss.

I check my watch and say, "We have thirty minutes before we're due back."

Michael has his shades on. He looks at me and begins to giggle. I turn my head to the side. I ask,

"What's so funny?"

He can't even answer. He starts laughing harder. He ends up on one knee. I squat next to him and giggle. I say,

"Tell me."

He points at me and says, between laughs, "You were...screaming... And you even... Started... To cry!"

He's laughing so hard. I stand up and put my hand on my hips.

"That's not funny."

He wipes his tear and says, "It is! "

He stands up and takes a few deep breaths. He still has that smile on his face. He takes his shades off and wipes his eyes with his sleeve. He puts them back on and says,

"Don't be like that, Brandon. "

He gently pushes my shoulder. I smile. I say,

"I don't ever want to see another scary movie again. Kapeesh? "

He nods and giggles one last time. I nudge him and say,

"Let's go get some ice cream. There's a place over here that has the best ice cream."

He nods and says, "Sounds good."