Epilogue: My New Life

16 Years Later~ July 4th

Stefan's POV
Today is Emma and Andrew's birthday and everyone is coming for it and I do mean EVERYONE. Ding dong I hear the bell ring and I go to open it. I see Kol, Gabby, Nikole, and Gabriel. Nikole and Gabriel say "Hey, Uncle Stefan!" They both hug me.

I say "Hey! How are you guys?" They know I'm asking Nikole about being a vampire. She just turned 17, Gabe did two years ago. Nikole says "Well, I'm getting the hang of it with mom and dad's help, of course." She says that smiling at them and they smile back at her.

I say "Well, I'm glad! All of you come on in." They come in then Emma and Andrew run in. Emma says, excited "Nikki!" And Nikole says, equally excited "Emmy!" They run and give each other a hug while Andrew and Gabe say while having their hands over their ears "My ears!" Me, Kol, and Gabby laugh at that.

They pull apart and Nikki says "Happy Birthday, you two!" Andy and Emmy say "Thank you!" Gabe says while hugging his two cousins "Happy 27th birthday you guys. It's crazy that you stopped aging 10 years ago." We all laugh at that, then I hear the bell ring again.

When I open it, it's Greg, Jasmine, Aaliyah, and Jeremiah. Aaliyah and Jeremiah say "Hey everyone!" And everyone says "Hey!" Jeremiah asks "Where's Aunt Freya?" Just when I'm about to say something, the door opens and it's Freya. She greets "Hi everyone." She puts the bags down and the kids go to hug her and she hugs them back.

When they pull away, Aaliyah says "So, Emmy! Andy! Happy birthday!" And they say "Thank you!" They hug Jeremiah and Liyah. Then Isaiah, Amy, and Jay walk in and Isaiah says "Happy Birthday, Emmy and Andy!" And they hug.

I suggest "Let's go in the back because seriously, it's about to be a full house in here. I just got a text from Klaus, EVERYONE is almost here." Everyone agrees "Agreed!" We go in the back where all the decorations and snacks are.

Emmy, Andy, Liyah, Jeremiah, Nikki, Gabe, and Isaiah go get into their swimming wear and then head over near the pool. I ask Gabby, Freya, Kol, Jay, Amy, Greg, and Jasmine "So, when do we announce it! During the cake or presents?" Kol suggests "During presents I'd say, because when we tell them they would easily choke on the cake." We all laugh at the thought, but then we see everyone come in the backyard through the gate.

They all say at the same time "Hey!" "Hello!" And all of us say "Hey!" Andy says "Come on guys, get in." After everyone is done hugging us, the kids go inside to get dressed into their swim wear.

Alexis and Aaron come out first then they jump in with the rest, then they say "Happy Birthday, Andrew and Emma!" They hug one another and start dunking each other. Soon, everyone comes out and jumps in while us adults are talking.

Two hours later, everyone is done swimming and they get dressed. It's presents time and I see everyone give their presents to them. Jesse gives Emma and Andrew their presents last. He got Andrew a bass guitar and he got Emma a heart shaped diamond necklace.

Emma says while smiling at him "Thanks so much, Jesse!" And he says while smiling at her "You're welcome!" They start to lock eyes and I clear my throat and say "Okay! Everyone? Me, Freya, Jay, Amy, Greg, Jasmine, Gabby, and Kol have an announcement." Everyone looks at us attentively.

Greg announces "We have decided to move to New Orleans!" Everyone including the kids look shocked. The kids are the first ones to break out of it and they run and hug us. Chloe says "Yay! We will all finally be together, no more traveling back and forth, unless it's us going on vacation." We all laugh at that.

Kimalina asks "When are you guys moving there?" And I say "In two weeks." Emmy and Andy come up and hug me and Freya, while Gabe, Nikki, Aaliyah, Jeremiah, and Isaiah do the same with their parents. Emma exclaims in excitement "Yay! We are all going to be together as a family!" Mariana says while hugging her dad with her arms around his waist "One VERY BIG happy family." We all laugh at that because it's true. Our family is big. Very big.