Chapter 13

"Always give a little more than you promise."

--Unknown

***

I heard my front door swing open. He's here. My heart beats with joy. I look at my door and saw Aiden with shocked look on his face. I want to laugh hard.

My house is a little mess. I am in denim short shorts and white shirt and my hair was in a messy bun. Aiden is, well, in his white button down shirt no tie and grey pants. His jacket is on his arms. Working on Saturday, Mr. Hardworking. I muse.

"Did I make you pregnant while we are at the Hunter and gave birth to my child this morning?" He took several steps forward where I was sitting and gave me a dreamy look. What's on his mind?

"Crazy! This is Leila, my neighbor's daughter. Her mom went on an emergency meeting. And today is the baby sitter's off so I volunteer." He sits next to me, and I lean side wards to kiss him.

"How's your morning?" I asked sweetly. And he smile, really smile. It tugs my heart. I love this man.

"Good, but my days get better with you." He kissed my hair and put his arms around my waist. We look like a family. Now I know what he feel earlier.

I look at the baby in my arms; she's four months old and very pretty. She's awake but not making any movement, just looking straight to my face. I smile at her, and baby smiles back at me, making her dimples visible. Oh, Heart melting! I touch the baby's cheek and look at her lovingly. I kissed her forehead affectionately.

"You are fond of kids" I saw mischievousness in his bright blue eyes and he smirk at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I am really curious about what he's smirking for.

"You know, Alyana, I am capable of giving you a little one like this." He said as he lean closer to my ears, his eyes are hopeful and it has some glint that made me think of the process of making a baby. I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

He raised his left arm and makes it visible in my view and flexes it making his shirt stretched with his muscles.

"I am very muscular," He flexes his arms once more "I can even give you a dozen" he added and winked at me.

That's true, he's really muscular. Very sexy. Very tempting.

"Are you hungry?" I asked to change the subject.

His face fell. It made my heart ache. But he gave me a smile after a beat. "Very, what did you cook?"

"Adobo"

His face lit up. It's his favorite; it is a Filipino dish that I think made his heart fell for me every time. That's why I always cook adobo once a week, especially on weekends, because he almost lives in my house every Saturdays and Sundays. He only went home at night and go back again in the morning.

"I'll reheat the food" I look at him with a smirk.

"Why are you smirking?"

I shift in my seat. "You have to get Leila, so I can prepare our food." I know he never hold a baby in his life. So I gave him a challenging look.

"I.. I don't know how to.." Before he can continue his sentence I carefully place Leila in his arms and pull his left arm so he can hold Leila properly.

"If you want a dozen of children with me, you better yet practice now. Or.." I cut my sentence and stand and look at him in the couch.

"Or what, Alyana?"