Chapter 48

Alyana

I feel it before I even open my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Watching you sleep." he stands up from the couch and leans over to kiss my forehead.

"Good morning." he whispers.

"Good morning," I reach up and push him closer to me. "How long have you been watching me?"

"Long enough to know what your dreams are."

I flush and bury my face at the crook of his neck. Inhale his sweet intoxicating scent. It feels home.

We have been married for two weeks and on the final leeg of our honey moon. I can still feel my racing heart as I walk down the aisle.

"Alyana," he murmurs.

"Humm?"

"I thought you fall asleep again. You want to take a walk or something after eating?"

"Ah! What was that!" my eyes widen. I feel it, the baby kicks for the first time.

Aiden suddenly took the covers off me, checking my body with worried eyes.

"Why? You in pain?"

"She kicks!"

"Really?" excitement fills his eyes. All worries forgotten. He places one of his warm palms on top of my belly; fingers spread wide.

We wait for a few moments. She's silent. No movements.

"Come on, little lady, daddy wants to feel you. Kick softly right here." he leans so that his face landed on the other side and one hand on the other.

The baby kicks.

He laughs. Boyish and carefree laugh that takes my breath away.

"Oh, how I'd love to see you kicking outside. See you in three and a half months baby Alyza." he kisses my belly and turns to kiss me squarely on the lips.

I remember Aiden's joy, when we found out that our first born is a girl.

"I knew it, I knew that she's a girl." he says excitedly. "She's just going to be like you." his dark blue eyes filled with happiness move me.

"She's going to look a lot like you, Aiden."

He smiles and kisses me so tenderly.

That afternoon, we head for a little baby shopping. Much to my surprise, Aiden leads the choosing.

Carefully touching and examining each baby items before putting it on the cart. Asking the sales person what's the best for his child. Then, consulting me for designs, colors and quantities we should buy.

We both took time choosing baby clothes. He emmerges with his left hand overflowing with onsies, mittens and socks. His right hand still searching for something to pick up. I stop him.

"I didn't know that you're a panic buyer."

He seem to test the words I said. I point to his arm. He's surprise to see what he bought. Then laughs. Eyes full of excitement and undeniable love. He looks lovingly at me and winks.

"She needs all these. For winter," he shows me a cute light pink coat. "For fall, for summer," he goes on.. And on..

Shaking my head, I hand him a breast pump. He took and examine it closely.

"Actually, what I bought is what we all need for a moment. You bought her clothes good until she's two. And she's not even out."

He just smiles and calls for a sales clerk. He shows the breast pump to the clerk and say..